• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How can I increase CIBIL score by 3 points in 1 month?

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am new to CCs and hence my Cibil is 747. It went from 726->748->747. I will be taking a loan by end of next month. And as you know, loan interest rates change at 750. So need to reach there fast.

Any tips?? I keep my utilisation at 0.5-1% on the 3 cards I have.

Solution
I am new to CCs and hence my Cibil is 747. It went from 726->748->747. I will be taking a loan by end of next month. And as you know, loan interest rates change at 750. So need to reach there fast.

On all your 3 cards individually you need to do this …

1) Pay in full/ excess before bill generation
and also make sure
2) your outstanding balance should be 0 / -ve ( that is excess paid) as on month end I.e. 30 / 31 of that month…

The second step is important as some banks report outstanding balances as on 30/ 31 of the month…

If you do the above for each of your account then your score will get massive boost..

Look at my score below without any secured loans ...

sidp

TF Ace

If you have bnpl? Closing that will improve score.
But any realistic change starts after 45days only and most impact by 3months.

how come it dropped to 726? Did you miss any payment?

sidp

TF Ace
When I closed BNPL my score dropped 30 points for the first month. But It did rise back up after that.
When you close any account, 1st it might dropped. That's why I said any positive impact starts only after 45days. But it will recover by 3m. It also depends on how frequently they update to cibil.

In your case bnpl might be an old account. Even though cibil says diverse credit mix will improve score, bnpl doesn't have the same +ve impact.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
When you close any account, 1st it might dropped. That's why I said any positive impact starts only after 45days. But it will recover by 3m. It also depends on how frequently they update to cibil.

In your case bnpl might be an old account. Even though cibil says diverse credit mix will improve score, bnpl doesn't have the same +ve impact.
Not for bnpl ..mine always increased after i closed or got card ..
Yesterday my cibil my 759...
Then sbi card got added ..
cUR 25% -15% ..
Cibil 770 🥸..

Jumping jaapang keeps happening.😁
Yet i refresh daily 😂

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

U will be takeing loan ok !
Did you have overdue on any loan - u won't get loan untill u clear it
Did you miss payment / default & loan is closed.. - u won't get loan unless u fix

If u going mannual via bank through Salary..unless default or Overdue..
You won't be rejected.
Banker u will tell u in process ..
Idk which kinda loan u taking..
Lot depends on other factors

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Make utilisation rate 0 or -1 % on each and every card, your CIBIL will be between 760 and 770, assuming you never had any delayed payment

exactly. I know that, but OP wants an immediate positive change so doing this right now would be a bad idea for him.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If you have bnpl? Closing that will improve score.
But any realistic change starts after 45days only and most impact by 3months.

how come it dropped to 726? Did you miss any payment?
No BNPL. 726 was the first score I saw after checking my CIBIL at start of the year.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
U will be takeing loan ok !
Did you have overdue on any loan - u won't get loan untill u clear it
Did you miss payment / default & loan is closed.. - u won't get loan unless u fix

If u going mannual via bank through Salary..unless default or Overdue..
You won't be rejected.
Banker u will tell u in process ..
Idk which kinda loan u taking..
Lot depends on other factors
No. I have never taken any loan. No missed payments. 726 was my first score when I checked at start of year.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Does the 30% utilisation applies for each card limit or my total cards limit?

E.g: If card 1 has 1L limit and card 2 has 2L limit, should I maintain card 1 usage within 30k and card 2 usage within 60k always? Or can I use total 90K (or below) in card 1, zero usage in card 2 and still be under 30% utilisation of total 3L limit?

deep@vie

TF Legend
Does the 30% utilisation applies for each card limit or my total cards limit?

E.g: If card 1 has 1L limit and card 2 has 2L limit, should I maintain card 1 usage within 30k and card 2 usage within 60k always? Or can I use total 90K (or below) in card 1, zero usage in card 2 and still be under 30% utilisation of total 3L limit?
Overall & on each card,,all matters.
But don't take it very seriously,