• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC fastag issue

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I had a very unpleasant experience with HDFC fastag customer service customer care @ 1800 120 1243 today when I was stranded at a toll plaza.
To explain in brief:
1. I have a balance of Rs. 410/- in my HDFC fastag account.
2. At the toll, their system showed my fastag as INVALID, however being considerate they took double toll amount as deposit and sent me to the fastag service booth next to toll plaza.
3. At fastag service booth, the person checked the status of my fastag which showed LOW BALANCE with balance of Rs. 410/- but was kind enough to help me call HDFC customer care.
4. HDFC customer care did not bother to help me and diverted me to highway helpline (1033), which obviously guided me to go back to HDFC helpline.
5. I continuously kept calling HDFC customer care which was never picked up.
6. I finally had to pay double toll and leave from there.

Devastated by this experience, I then tried to deactivate my HDFC fastag account from it's website, where, to my surprise, the deactivate option is not available at all.

Referring to FAQ, I again tried calling customer care to request the deactivation, however, again my calls are never answered.

how do I escalate this?
already emailed fastagdisputes@hdfcbank.com

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I had a very unpleasant experience with HDFC fastag customer service customer care @ 1800 120 1243 today when I was stranded at a toll plaza.
To explain in brief:
2. At the toll, their system showed my fastag as INVALID, however being considerate they took double toll amount as deposit and sent me to the fastag service booth next to toll plaza.
3. At fastag service booth, the person checked the status of my fastag which showed LOW BALANCE with balance of Rs. 410/- but was kind enough to help me call HDFC customer care.
4. HDFC customer care did not bother to help me and diverted me to highway helpline (1033), which obviously guided me to go back to HDFC helpline.

Devastated by this experience, I then tried to deactivate my HDFC fastag account from it's website, where, to my surprise, the deactivate option is not available at all.

Referring to FAQ, I again tried calling customer care to request the deactivation, however, again my calls are never answered.

how do I escalate this?
Used 3 years HDFC Bank fastag and faced hassles to close and get refunded the deposit
Even I have account with HDFC Bank the fastag section said they won’t refund to my account since mail ids are different from both it’s too silly
Finally sent a cheque to my hometown address where no one resides and after a month of following up I got to track it and encashed it
Now using ICICI for 4 yrs no complaints

talkwithfino

TF Premier
how do I escalate this?
In case you have Savings /salary account with them with good NRV you can approach your Branch.

Your branch people have got nothing to do with fastag ( IMO strictly), since thts a complete different Department , BUTTT> You can try soft threatening them that if they don't help you in getting your issue resolved you will have to think about your overall relationship with Hdfc and might close your Acc.

Also, I don't think it's worth the hassle... I understand you have ₹410 in balance....; but I will strongly suggest you to change your Fastag asap. Hdfc will give you a lot of headache. I have personally had good experience with Idfc First Bank Fast Tag and will recommend it. (their apps sometimes has minor issues, but generally works fine. never had issues with payment at toll booth)

ltf4ever

TF Ace
In case you have Savings /salary account with them with good NRV you can approach your Branch.

Your branch people have got nothing to do with fastag ( IMO strictly), since thts a complete different Department , BUTTT> You can try soft threatening them that if they don't help you in getting your issue resolved you will have to think about your overall relationship with Hdfc and might close your Acc.

Also, I don't think it's worth the hassle... I understand you have ₹410 in balance....; but I will strongly suggest you to change your Fastag asap. Hdfc will give you a lot of headache. I have personally had good experience with Idfc First Bank Fast Tag and will recommend it. (their apps sometimes has minor issues, but generally works fine. never had issues with payment at toll booth)
I have a preferred account relationship. shall I ask my RM to sort this out the next time he calls me to sell useless products?

also, is the pno and rbi ombudsman the right authority to escalate?
I am willing to let go of 410 rupees, but I have taken it personally and don't want to let them go off easily after making me pay 2x toll (and non existent customer support) because of a glitch at their end.

Last edited:
To explain in brief:

how do I escalate this?
How did this issue get solved? I am facing the same issue. I have made a request for deactivation / closure of my HDFC bank FAST tag and it is not being done. It is more than 3 weeks now. I have escalated/complained to no avail as of yet. Any suggestions?