• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC DCB limit increase

I recently got my HDFC DBC card less than a month ago. This is my first HDFC card. Right after this, I also apply for Tata neu Infinity rupay cc.
I had to open a HDFC account for this card around a month ago. Now my salary is getting credited into this account only, so they upgraded me to preferred account. Net Salary credited per months is 187k.
Before this only relationship I had with Hdfc was 2 consumer loans, one of which I have already paid and then later applied for another one, which I am still paying, it will get completed in next 2-3 months.
My credit limit on DCB is 5 lacs, which is the default limit for DCB I believe. I already have 2 ICICI cards which have credit limit of 9 lacs, one of these was my primary card before this. Now DCB is my primary card.
I have a few major spends coming in next couple of months and I want to take advantage of that to meet spend criteria for upgrade to Infinia. for that I also need the credit limit of 10 lacs.
So, I want to understand how soon can I expect a limit increase offer from DCB. Can I ask the bank manually(through branch or emailing income documents) to increase my credit limit based on my salary and past relationship with bank and my icici card limit.
Also, I had read somewhere that they don't offer any credit limit increase within 6 months of issues the card, is that correct?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, you need to wait for 6 months in HDFC for limit enhancement or cc upgrade irrespective of the banking program you hold. Spend and make payments immediately so that after 6 months you can request for LE and apply for Infinia as you have big spends coming up. That's the easiest route to get Infinia from DCB.

Yes, you need to wait for 6 months in HDFC for limit enhancement or cc upgrade irrespective of the banking program you hold. Spend and make payments immediately so that after 6 months you can request for LE and apply for Infinia as you have big spends coming up. That's the easiest route to get Infinia from DCB.
yeah, I was thinking to get LE before the 6 month period so that I can apply for Infinia directly. Now after 6 months, I have to first apply for LE, which I am not sure how much they will give. My current limit is 5 lacs, and the required limit for Infinia upgrade is 10 lac. I don't think they double the limit right away. Then after this I have to apply for upgrade. So all this process might take more than 1 month in which maybe another statement would be generated which would have less spend, so my last six month spend might not meet the criteria.

You can ask RM to upgrade 🤔 basis on your income if eligible
Asked. He said can't do anything before 6 months. Also, RMs are mostly stupid. He said you don't need to maintain 30% utilisation ratio, u have to maintain below 60%. And then when I told him that is incorrect, he said I am a banker I know this. Then he also said that he has been using almost 100% limit for many months, so it is fine.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently got my HDFC DBC card less than a month ago. This is my first HDFC card. Right after this, I also apply for Tata neu Infinity rupay cc.
I had to open a HDFC account for this card around a month ago. Now my salary is getting credited into this account only, so they upgraded me to preferred account. Net Salary credited per months is 187k.
Before this only relationship I had with Hdfc was 2 consumer loans, one of which I have already paid and then later applied for another one, which I am still paying, it will get completed in next 2-3 months.
My credit limit on DCB is 5 lacs, which is the default limit for DCB I believe. I already have 2 ICICI cards which have credit limit of 9 lacs, one of these was my primary card before this. Now DCB is my primary card.
I have a few major spends coming in next couple of months and I want to take advantage of that to meet spend criteria for upgrade to Infinia. for that I also need the credit limit of 10 lacs.
So, I want to understand how soon can I expect a limit increase offer from DCB. Can I ask the bank manually(through branch or emailing income documents) to increase my credit limit based on my salary and past relationship with bank and my icici card limit.
Also, I had read somewhere that they don't offer any credit limit increase within 6 months of issues the card, is that correct?
Okay, so I can definitely with full confidence answer this question.

No. Hdfc will do nothing for next 6 months.

I'm in same boat. 5L DCB, 7.5L spends in last 2 months. Asked hdfc till top and nothing. Even if u try, they will reject. No reason given. High NRV also they don't budge against this. Ask for CL enhancement after 6months only. If u care abt credit utilisation ratio, then pay off all dues before 26th of the month. Hdfc reports outstanding at the end of the month only.

aashuuuu

TF Premier
Hi. After 4 years of using HDFC Millenia, today received LE offer of 30%. Should I accept it or waiting can trigger a better offer?
Anyone with prior experience, kindly answer.