• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gpay adding convenience fee for recharges

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Gpay is now adding convience fees for mobile recharges just like Paytm via UPI as well as cards. They changed their t&c silently.( I didn't receive any mail regarding this)

My two cents : Even if they start charging they should keep it low and earn by volume.

Do you guys think this will have an effect on Axis Ace after they start charging on other utilities too?

Comment down your opinions 😄😄

D₹V

TF Prestige
Gpay is now adding convience fees for mobile recharges just like Paytm via UPI as well as cards. They changed their t&c silently.( I didn't receive any mail regarding this)

My two cents : Even if they start charging they should keep it low and earn by volume.

Do you guys think this will have an effect on Axis Ace after they start charging on other utilities too?

Stop using it 😂.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
In a few years, Amazon Pay will start charging the convenience fee too. It is just a matter of time. That's all.

At some point, we have to use the operator's app or website to recharge. Similar things will happen to other utility bills too. Electricity, gas cylinder booking, insurance, etc.

For the convenience of paying from a single entity, we will end up paying the convenience fee.

That's what will happen. Did recharge from apay 😂😂

D₹V

TF Prestige
In a few years, Amazon Pay will start charging the convenience fee too. It is just a matter of time. That's all.

At some point, we have to use the operator's app or website to recharge. Similar things will happen to other utility bills too. Electricity, gas cylinder booking, insurance, etc.

For the convenience of paying from a single entity, we will end up paying the convenience fee.
Not necessarily.

They do earn comission on these recharges & bill payments.

Strange

TF Legend

https://www.indiatoday.in/technolog...ce-fee-on-mobile-recharges-2466593-2023-11-23 . .

Rahul098

TF Select
Use Amazon Pay, Tata Neu & there are plenty of apps for this.
In phonepe the recharge amount is shown inclusive of the convience fees that they are charging I always use apay but once I had some cash in phonepe wallet so I did with that and afterwards some got an email from phonepe for the convience fees after which only I got to know about it and that was the last day I used phonpe.