• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gpay UPI payment is awfully slow!!!

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not sure if it's me but UPI payment via gpay is pathetically slow no matter what bank I use. I am using Galaxy S23. I have almost given up and use other apps for this reason. It's annoying and embarrassing to wait for around 30 seconds and even a minute to pay in standing in front of a shop or merchant. Wondering if anyone has same problem?
I wanted to use gpay more hoping to get Ace card to show up, but this slowness is pissing me off!!

souvikr

TF Premier
Not sure if it's me but UPI payment via gpay is pathetically slow no matter what bank I use. I am using Galaxy S23. I have almost given up and use other apps for this reason. It's annoying and embarrassing to wait for around 30 seconds and even a minute to pay in standing in front of a shop or merchant. Wondering if anyone has same problem?
I wanted to use gpay more hoping to get Ace card to show up, but this slowness is pissing me off!!
I am using Gpay with HDFC as primary UPI app. Never faced such issue. Payments are as fast as any other upi app.

I don't think the problem is phone specific. I have experienced slow processing in 3 different phones (makes) and 4 different Bank accounts .

May I suggest you to CLEAR the phone memory by closing n flushing out ALL APPs - BEFORE you use any Financial App. More often than not, these bank/UPI Apps need more memory - in one contiguous block - to function butter smooth. Fragmented (but free) memory is the main culprit for slow or non-functional Apps.

Try this once n see.

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
May I suggest you to CLEAR the phone memory by closing n flushing out ALL APPs - BEFORE you use any Financial App. More often than not, these bank/UPI Apps need more memory - in one contiguous block - to function butter smooth. Fragmented (but free) memory is the main culprit for slow or non-functional Apps.

Try this once n see.
Did many things and one of those is what you are suggesting. No change. Gpay app is not slow itself, it's the slow transaction.
I don't think it's phone issue. Maybe gpay backend.

Did many things and one of those is what you are suggesting. No change. Gpay app is not slow itself, it's the slow transaction.
I don't think it's phone issue. Maybe gpay backend.

But, it is working fine in my case - Hyderabad n Tirupati (both have 5G) - never had any issue - even in places where there is no 5G (Bhimthal, Varanasi n Ayodhya), it is working fine.

souvikr

TF Premier
Paytm is worse in other aspects but good in Payment speed .. its lightening speed .using that as primary for so long
I don't know why people say p**tm is faster, trust me it's not and it can't be because the backend is same for all upi apps. It's the UI and smoother animation causing illusion in peoples mind.

If they bank server is responding slow then payment will be slow but the upi app has very little or no role in improving transaction speed.

Last edited: