• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gpay UPI payment is awfully slow!!!

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not sure if it's me but UPI payment via gpay is pathetically slow no matter what bank I use. I am using Galaxy S23. I have almost given up and use other apps for this reason. It's annoying and embarrassing to wait for around 30 seconds and even a minute to pay in standing in front of a shop or merchant. Wondering if anyone has same problem?
I wanted to use gpay more hoping to get Ace card to show up, but this slowness is pissing me off!!

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I agree. Ever since Google Pay was re-engineered in Flutter (A framework to develop mobile apps) in 2020, the app has been feeling very slow and sluggish ever since. Prior to the usage of Flutter, the app used to feel very light-weight and fast. It has been 3 years since it was re-engineered, yet it still feels jittery and slow even in flagship phones, like your Galaxy S23. I use it mostly because:
1. It's the only UPI app that keeps the transaction history for as long as it goes.
2. It supports contactless payments with a Visa/Mastercard card.

My experience with other UPI apps:
PhonePe:
I hate using PhonePe for its convoluted UX and ad-filled UI, and more importantly — it doesn't keep a record of transactions over one year.

Amazon Pay: Although the UX of Amazon Pay UI is great, but sometimes it feels slow. However, I hate the fact it doesn't keep the record of the recipient's VPA handle and the transaction comments in transaction history.

BHIM UPI: BHIM app has decent UX, but it feels very slow and jittery. Moreover, similar to other UPI apps, it doesn't keep transaction history for more than a year either.

Other apps: I deactivated my Paytm and MobiKwik accounts long time ago due to several poor experiences, so can't comment on them. And don't feel confident on CRED due to its poor privacy policy.

Lately, I have only two dedicated UPI apps installed: Google Pay and BHIM. I mostly use GPay because of the aforementioned reason. I use Amazon Pay UPI only when there's a dedicated offer running.

chandra.prakash

TF Premier
I agree. Ever since Google Pay was re-engineered in Flutter (A framework to develop mobile apps) in 2020, the app has been feeling very slow and sluggish ever since. Prior to the usage of Flutter, the app used to feel very light-weight and fast. It has been 3 years since it was re-engineered, yet it still feels jittery and slow even in flagship phones, like your Galaxy S23. I use it mostly because:
1. It's the only UPI app that keeps the transaction history for as long as it goes.
2. It supports contactless payments with a Visa/Mastercard card.

My experience with other UPI apps:
PhonePe:
I hate using PhonePe for its convoluted UX and ad-filled UI, and more importantly — it doesn't keep a record of transactions over one year.

Amazon Pay: Although the UX of Amazon Pay UI is great, but sometimes it feels slow. However, I hate the fact it doesn't keep the record of the recipient's VPA handle and the transaction comments in transaction history.

BHIM UPI: BHIM app has decent UX, but it feels very slow and jittery. Moreover, similar to other UPI apps, it doesn't keep transaction history for more than a year either.

Other apps: I deactivated my Paytm and MobiKwik accounts long time ago due to several poor experiences, so can't comment on them. And don't feel confident on CRED due to its poor privacy policy.

Lately, I have only two dedicated UPI apps installed: Google Pay and BHIM. I mostly use GPay because of the aforementioned reason. I use Amazon Pay UPI only when there's a dedicated offer running.
I also use mostly bhim app, Gpay and payzapp for UPI transaction. Paytm is not bad but it's customer support is very bad no human response in any issues.