• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gpay adding convenience fee for recharges

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Gpay is now adding convience fees for mobile recharges just like Paytm via UPI as well as cards. They changed their t&c silently.( I didn't receive any mail regarding this)

My two cents : Even if they start charging they should keep it low and earn by volume.

Do you guys think this will have an effect on Axis Ace after they start charging on other utilities too?

Comment down your opinions 😄😄

abhiver

TF Premier
Yeh convenience fee ki bimari sabko lag rahi hai.

Aisa hi chalta raha toh shopkeeper BHI kujh Dino mein "Convenience Fee" charge Karne Lagega sab se for selling products to customers.

tanmay13

TF Buzz
Gpay is now adding convience fees for mobile recharges just like Paytm via UPI as well as cards. They changed their t&c silently.( I didn't receive any mail regarding this)

My two cents : Even if they start charging they should keep it low and earn by volume.

Do you guys think this will have an effect on Axis Ace after they start charging on other utilities too?

First phone pe and now gpay, wonder if all the apps would start charging eventually

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Gone are the days where we will buy scratch cards for recharging from local shops or do RC via then for mrp. Now these apps are charging us extra.

a business was killed and made room for other business and now looting us

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

All the need for Airtel axis card and jio should come with some co branded card too ....

Airtel ass is covered..

Best is use Their native app

cardy

TF Ace
In a few years, Amazon Pay will start charging the convenience fee too. It is just a matter of time. That's all.

At some point, we have to use the operator's app or website to recharge. Similar things will happen to other utility bills too. Electricity, gas cylinder booking, insurance, etc.

For the convenience of paying from a single entity, we will end up paying the convenience fee.
But if everyone uses operator app then what will happen to gpay or like wallets

BeingIncog

TF Ace

@Ak Singh . . ..