• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Free One Year Amazon Prime Subscription with IDFC First Select Banking Program 😎

Souvik

TF Premier
That's awesome, In fact I myself am trying to get hold of either the Select or Wealth account to have zomato pro, amazon prime etc free of cost.

Sad part is during account opening I did not get an option for select/wealth program, so have to fund my account step by step now hence more delay. Ideally I was targeting to get hold of either select/wealth during account opening itself.

Do you know if this amazon prime offer would recur next year too, or its a one time offer ?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's awesome, In fact I myself am trying to get hold of either the Select or Wealth account to have zomato pro, amazon prime etc free of cost.

Sad part is during account opening I did not get an option for select/wealth program, so have to fund my account step by step now hence more delay. Ideally I was targeting to get hold of either select/wealth during account opening itself.

Do you know if this amazon prime offer would recur next year too, or its a one time offer ?
I'm not sure , if it's one time or every year .

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You guys have too much money to put in a Private Bank.
If you are fascinated for Amazon prime then just get Jio Postpaid connection with as low as 399/Month & get an Amazon prime for 1 year along with Disney Hotstar. You will get the same treatment from all the banks irrespective of your relationship, i.e Savings Bank Account/Credit Card.

Don't take it personally, my own thought is always put all your money to Government Banks(SBI Only, not PNB or any other banks) & get Credit Cards always from Private Banks.

In short use services from Private Sectors, save money in Government.
Just think what happened with Yes Bank some days ago.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which means , not all Private banks are risky .
Even When Yes bank was at it's peak , None of my family member trusted it and i never used it .
You just have to be sensible to keep your money safe by keeping check of Quarterly results , NPA figures of the banks !
Agreed but somehow I refrain from investing in Private Banks, again may be I'm the one odd man out.
But yes, HDFC is one Private Banks at least you can keep your money safely, I acknowledge.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Agreed but somehow I refrain from investing in Private Banks, again may be I'm the one odd man out.
But yes, HDFC is one Private Banks at least you can keep your money safely, I acknowledge.
So are IDFC First Bank and Kotak , I consider them safe and their results are good as well . You can invest in them and also keep your money safe in their lockers as well .
These are Much better on NPA side than even ICICI Bank , Indusind .

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you are fascinated for Amazon prime then just get Jio Postpaid connection with as low as 399/Month & get an Amazon prime for 1 year along with Disney Hotstar. You will get the same treatment from all the banks irrespective of your relationship, i.e Savings Bank Account/Credit Card.

Don't take it personally, my own thought is always put all your money to Government Banks(SBI Only, not PNB or any other banks) & get Credit Cards always from Private Banks.

According to me there's no harm in keeping the fund's in private banks as well until it crosses a 5 lakh mark coz every bank has all accounts insured(DICGC) upto 5L so the corpus upto 5lakh is 100% secured.
So according to me the funds can be distributed in 5lakh per bank and the excess funds can be shifted to public banks.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Only Savings Account - 3L for Select/5L for Wealth
TRV (Savings+FD+MF etc) - 15L for Select/20L for Wealth

++ Documents and all
Is its zero balance after opening of account that is no charges for non maintenance of mab??
And does the account get downgraded if mab is not maintained?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is its zero balance after opening of account that is no charges for non maintenance of mab??
And does the account get downgraded if mab is not maintained?
1.Its not zero balance after it . You will have to maintain 25k which is the Base MAB .
2. No downgrade .

This bank is not like HDFC , Axis , Indusind , or any other bank . This bank thinks Customer First !

prc1990

TF Ace

As per DICGC rules, each depositor in a bank is insured up to Rs 5 lakh for both the principal and interest amount on depsoits held by them in that particular bank irrespective of if it's a private/government/public undertaking bank. So more and less all are same in terms of insured amount.