• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Dual DCB ?

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Me and my wfe both got ltf DCB under alumni program.
She has no banking relationship with hdfc, while I am a preferred customer for more than 10 years now.

Is it possible that I can get an add-on DCB for me on my wife's primary DCB ?
The reason being, if I get an addon DCB , then I can try upgrading my primary DCB to Infinia.
So I would have both a ltf DCB (even though not primary) and a primary Infinia.

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @Subhankar @TheMentalist @RewardsAlert @ltf4ever @Abhishek012 @Cardmarvel @Wealth is my birth right! @Tejas @cardwizard @mgforce @CVR @CMG @pprakash11 @4uziaul @Walter White @bitsst
and other respected members.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hi,

She has no banking relationship with hdfc, while I am a preferred customer for more than 10 years now.

The reason being, if I get an addon DCB , then I can try upgrading my primary DCB to Infinia.

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @Subhankar @TheMentalist @RewardsAlert @ltf4ever @Abhishek012 @Cardmarvel @Wealth is my birth right! @Tejas @cardwizard @mgforce @CVR @CMG @pprakash11 @4uziaul @Walter White @bitsst
As you got the customer id, you can apply add-on from the app itself. Plz try that..

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes possible. First try through your spouses credit card portal and apply for addon using your customer id. Otherwise, offline method is always there.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As you got the customer id, you can apply add-on from the app itself. Plz try that..
How to do so ?
I have to go to mycards<dot>hdfcbank<dot>com and login thru my wife's account ?

I tried doing so, but don't see an option to apply directly on my cards app.

Under Services it shows Apply for Add-on, but upon clicking that it simply opens the pdf in new tab.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.19.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.19.39 PM.png

How do I apply directly online ?
Is there any way or I have to download this form and submit offline ?

saucy

TF Ace
Afaik - there is a condition in banks for add-on (magnus me tha ye) - you cannot have add-on if you have a primary card of the same card.
So they should not allow an add-on

But do let us know if it's possible!

Afaik - there is a condition in banks for add-on (magnus me tha ye) - you cannot have add-on if you have a primary card of the same card.
So they should not allow an add-on

But do let us know if it's possible!

If already you know that there is a "condition in banks for add-on" why the phucks are you wasting everyone's time here asking people questions you already know the answer to? And if you're rationale is that "magnus me tha ye" then have you asked HDFC for a 25k points bonus for spending 1L or a 1+1 BMS?

That condition is there in Axis (not just Magnus), because a 8 year old idiot designed Axis' banking system. And the worst thing is that they could have selected a very smart 7.5 year old to design it. But they went with the 8 year old idiot.

It is possible with HDFC. I have the same setup with my spouse where we hold the same cards + each others addons. I also have a similar setup with my mother who holds a different HDFC CC + is my add-on.
-----------------------------

My dear faltoo admi, you have already been given the answer to your question. But you're not happy with it for some reason. Yes, you can get an add-on card from a family member even if you are an existing card holder.

And you've sent a screenshot of the "LOANS" page and you're asking why isn't there any option there to apply for an add-on credit card. Why my friend?
Why?

Go to the cards section... click on the DCB card... and you should get the option there (I assume).

Last edited:

AritraSaha

TF Legend
How to do so ?
I have to go to mycards<dot>hdfcbank<dot>com and login thru my wife's account ?

I tried doing so, but don't see an option to apply directly on my cards app.

Under Services it shows Apply for Add-on, but upon clicking that it simply opens the pdf in new tab.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.19.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.19.39 PM.png

How do I apply directly online ?
Is there any way or I have to download this form and submit offline ?
Try from the hdfc mobile app.

Menu>pay>cards>credit card>request add on.

As i check it give a option to apply for the hdfc customer.

Otherwise go to branch or contact rm.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Yes you can absolutely get a addon DCB along with a primary DCB .
Not for DCB , but me and my wife have done this with many other cards .

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If already you know that there is a "condition in banks for add-on" why the phucks are you wasting everyone's time here asking people questions you already know the answer to? And if you're rationale is that "magnus me tha ye" then have you asked HDFC for a 25k points bonus for spending 1L or a 1+1 BMS?

That condition is there in Axis (not just Magnus), because a 8 year old idiot designed Axis' banking system. And the worst thing is that they could have selected a very smart 7.5 year old to design it. But they went with the 8 year old idiot.

It is possible with HDFC. I have the same setup with my spouse where we hold the same cards + each others addons. I also have a similar setup with my mother who holds a different HDFC CC + is my add-on.
-----------------------------

My dear faltoo admi, you have already been given the answer to your question. But you're not happy with it for some reason. Yes, you can get an add-on card from a family member even if you are an existing card holder.

And you've sent a screenshot of the "LOANS" page and you're asking why isn't there any option there to apply for an add-on credit card. Why my friend?
Why?

Go to the cards section... click on the DCB card... and you should get the option there (I assume).
I checked the cards section thoroughly. Just shared the other tab due to privacy concerns.

suva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
In Hdfc mobile app go to Menu, then Pay, then Cards, select your card and then on more. You will get option for add on cards. Using your customer id you can do it from your wife's HDFC mobile APP and Vice versa.