• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Redemption process

AJ331

TF Select
Any charges associated with converting reward points in DCB to Cashback or buying Amazon pay vouchers?

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They don't charge when using it in Smartbuy for flights or hotel booking.

They used to charge before, it has been removed when it was changed that only 70% can be paid through points.
I booked flight last month and i could apply 70% of the ticket price through points and hdfc charged 99 +gst for using points. So they do charge(or me atleast 🤣🤣)

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just wanted to confirm if I book hotel on hdfc smartbuy using DCB points (70%) and if the rate is cancellable, will I get entire points and money back on cancellation or does hdfc deduct any charges of their own for cancellation?

I haven’t booked hotels on hdfc smartbuy for long time so wanted to be sure

Avid_snake

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just wanted to confirm if I book hotel on hdfc smartbuy using DCB points (70%) and if the rate is cancellable, will I get entire points and money back on cancellation or does hdfc deduct any charges of their own for cancellation?

I haven’t booked hotels on hdfc smartbuy for long time so wanted to be sure
You should get the whole charger back whatever the hotel refunds in points and card.

I've cancelled flight tickets. Post cancellation charges of 2500 by Indigo and convinience fees during booking, rest money comes as points+card in HDFC. No charges by HDFC during cancellation

AJ331

TF Select
I did a transaction at a supermarket that has more than 800 stores as per wikipedia and no reward points credited.
I see no points credit for that transaction of approx Rs.500 in the statement.

Is this a mistake or DCB gives you no points?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I did a transaction at a supermarket that has more than 800 stores as per wikipedia and no reward points credited.

Groceries are part of monthly capping. So HDFC calculates grocery spend in calender month and will credit the points in subsequent month. So check your next month statement. There will be a separate line item called Grocery May in June Statement.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You should get the whole charger back whatever the hotel refunds in points and card.

I've cancelled flight tickets. Post cancellation charges of 2500 by Indigo and convinience fees during booking, rest money comes as points+card in HDFC. No charges by HDFC during cancellation
In the post-deduction refund amount also, the 70:30 ratio is maintained?

You'll get your points, as long as you haven't exceeded your monthly 2k cap. But what has "800 stores per Wikipedia" got to do with anything. Are you trying to tell us its name without telling us its name??? :)