• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can i change the banking partner of One Card ?

Sir I have an unsecured onecard whose limit is Rs 145,000 and it is issued by Federal Bank, so can I change my banking partner. Can I get converted to bank of baroda or idfc first bank and what will be the benefit of it will i get pre approved credit card in which bank i want to convert.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-03-22-20-49-656_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-03-22-20-49-656_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 65
Solution
Sir I have an unsecured onecard whose limit is Rs 145,000 and it is issued by Federal Bank, so can I change my banking partner. Can I get converted to bank of baroda or idfc first bank and what will be the benefit of it will i get pre approved credit card in which bank i want to convert.
No, you can not change your banking partner

akshayhs

TF Ace
I have tried previously. They haven't budged at all. I have had it for 7 months now and even I am desperately looking to change to either of the two you have mentioned. But I believe IDFC has quit the integration with OneCard.

Even mine is issued by Federal and Federal does not have any tie-ups for repayments. The only motivation to keep it and not discontine is it's LTF, and metal along with 1% forex which is highly beneficial for me. If they ever implement a partner swap, then I guess two of the other banks will be pissed as they'll mostly see their numbers go down. This is just my opinion.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had their IDFC card and they pestered me so much to switch it to another provider on the pretext of enabling recurring payment , offering LE and even 5k bonus RP. Finally I gave in and did the switch. They cancelled my IDFC card and issued me a federal bank card but it is fine as such. One cannot use the offers run by the banking partner anyway. For eg if federal bank has a offer , I cannot use my one card in it. Only offers meant for one card get applied. So what difference it makes who the banking partner is.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I had their IDFC card and they pestered me so much to switch it to another provider on the pretext of enabling recurring payment , offering LE and even 5k bonus RP. Finally I gave in and did the switch. They cancelled my IDFC card and issued me a federal bank card but it is fine as such. One cannot use the offers run by the banking partner anyway. For eg if federal bank has a offer , I cannot use my one card in it. Only offers meant for one card get applied. So what difference it makes who the banking partner is.
Right.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Did you get all three they promised?

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you get all three they promised?
Yes, CL was enhanced from 8.5 lac to 9 lac but only after the card was physically delivered and activated. They did tell me before hand that they will enhance the limit by 50k. New card delivery took close to a month.

Bonus RP were added immediately though.

Haven’t used the card for recurring payment so far.

arjun

TF Select
How did you got onecard unsecured with that hogh limit? What other cards you hold? What's documents did you had to give them?

How did you got onecard unsecured with that hogh limit? What other cards you hold? What's documents did you had to give them ?
I have axis bank card with limit of Rs.199,000 and my credit score was 781 so I got it automatically with limit of Rs.145,000. And I did not upload any documents for this.

Now they are closing all the one card issued by idfc and giving idfc select

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looks like OneCard is moving away from IDFC. Once they closed my card , I started getting pre approved offers from IDFC bank…these are pre approved , so that have acquired my details through some database.

Today I got a call for IDFC select as pre approved without any cibil check and I accepted it. Virtual card generated within 2 mins.

althafkakkat

TF Buzz
My issue is that I'm looking out for Scapia card for benefits on my travel spends, while the only problem is that my OneCard is issued by Federal, so since I hold OneFederal I'm not eligible to apply for Scapia, so I wish to change the banking partner. Any hope?

althafkakkat

TF Buzz
My issue is that I'm looking out for Scapia card for benefits on my travel spends, while the only problem is that my OneCard is issued by Federal, so since I hold OneFederal I'm not eligible to apply for Scapia, so I wish to change the banking partner. Any hope?
Scapia also issued by Federal only.. and existing fedcard holders ineligile