• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Credit Cards- Select or Premier? Which one to Opt for?

Shraaj

TF Premier
Hi.

I have a Query Regarding these two popular variants of BOB Cards! Select and Premier

Please Anyone Comment down their views!

I have -
1. Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card - 75k
2. SBI Max Credit Card - 34k
3. BOB Select Credit Card - 40k

Just wanted to know the difference

Solution
Hi.

I have a Query Regarding these two popular variants of BOB Cards! Select and Premier

I have -

Premiere!
*If they don't upgrade your card from select to premiere then ask them to convert it to MasterCard for domestic lounge access benefits
Screenshot_20220702-141731_Brave.jpg

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Hi.

I have -

Premiere!
*If they don't upgrade your card from select to premiere then ask them to convert it to MasterCard for domestic lounge access benefits

Last edited:
Solution

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Premiere!
*I they don't upgrade your card from select to premiere then ask them to convert it to MasterCard for domestic lounge access benefits
Just one thing to note, if you opt for master card you dont get add on card. Please keep that in mind if you want to change. I am not sure why this is with BOB. I checked with customer care

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Just one thing to note, if you opt for master card you dont get add on card. Please keep that in mind if you want to change. I am not sure why this is with BOB. I checked with customer care
Yeah it's not a big issue mastercard just back in the race tag mastercard India and bob financial both on twitter quote this issue they will figure it 👍

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
If u want rupay card then only go for premier..... As 5x rewards are not getting credited due to mcc issues...
For normal transactions select is better as it gives 5x rewards in all online transactions.i. E 1.25%( no mcc issues)... .. Upto 1000 points per month....

P. S - I hold rupay premier

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Means 🧐
Means its not giving any 5x rewards on any travel website.... As only one mcc is valid for travel 5x...and none of the websites have categorised themselves in the above mcc code.... I tried on goibibo, easemytrip, irctc, oyo, makemytrip, cleartrip.... Complained to customer care... They said only ibe mcc valid.... Complaind to websites. they said they also have no hands in deciding mcc..

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If u want rupay card then only go for premier..... As 5x rewards are not getting credited due to mcc issues...
For normal transactions select is better as it gives 5x rewards in all online transactions.i. E 1.25%( no mcc issues)... .. Upto 1000 points per month....

P. S - I hold rupay premier
But which variant you will get in premier is never guaranteed. I wanted the Rupay variant and they gave me visa and now refusing to change the variant for a year. So here I am sitting with this useless card that I am never going to use.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
But which variant you will get in premier is never guaranteed. I wanted the Rupay variant and they gave me visa and now refusing to change the variant for a year. So here I am sitting with this useless card that I am never going to use.
I got upgraded from rupay easy to rupay premier in one go... Mail the same email 3-4 times. Every time some different executive will respond to it... U might get lucky

yes, but mention for ltf while upgrading
i have a question, i currently have easy card LTF, if i upgrade to select/premier, would my new card be LTF?
Do it before 30th sept.... Ltf offer ends on that day and nothing announced regarding extension

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got upgraded from rupay easy to rupay premier in one go... Mail the same email 3-4 times. Every time some different executive will respond to it... U might get lucky
yea bhai... doing that only but it seems they have formed a new policy now that no upgrade/change of variant for 1 year atleast...everyone replies the same...even via twitter. After sending them 7-8 new emails, I have stopped mailing them now :)

ltf4ever

TF Ace
t
yea bhai... doing that only but it seems they have formed a new policy now that no upgrade/change of variant for 1 year atleast...everyone replies the same...even via twitter. After sending them 7-8 new emails, I have stopped mailing them now :)
True. twice they replied to me that eterna is only a paid card and no ltf criteria exists.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Ya they got too much requests.... Party is over

• Haha
Reactions: BMR