• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Benefits of LTF Burgundy Magnus Card

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi
I have had the Magnus card for last couple of years and recently got it changed to the Burgundy version

Now with all the halla on devaluation and additional confusion on Burgundy Magnus version I am clueless what are the current benefits of the Burgundy Magnus card

Can anyone help tell me that or direct me to a post that summaries it? (I know about the Magnus devaluation thread which very nicely summarized the devalued benefits of the Magnus card but I am looking for the Magnus Burgundy version)

Quantum

TF Premier
What happens to existing Edge RP after getting burgundy magnus. Will they be eligible for 5:4? I have close to 10K RP
Did you even click on the link mentioned above and read through the PDF to get the answer of your question?
Or you are expecting others to do that for you?
When the resource is readily available to you, then try to make some effort to utilize it.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi
I have had the Magnus card for last couple of years and recently got it changed to the Burgundy version

Now with all the halla on devaluation and additional confusion on Burgundy Magnus version I am clueless what are the current benefits of the Burgundy Magnus card

Can anyone help tell me that or direct me to a post that summaries it? (I know about the Magnus devaluation thread which very nicely summarized the devalued benefits of the Magnus card but I am looking for the Magnus Burgundy version)

Since it is LTF, you're getting benefits of a premium card essentially for free. The 8 meet and greet airport concierge experience is a unique feature provided by Magnus. I used it this time for an international travel, and definitely it made a difference. Immigration got done quickly and also security check was done via the business class line. Finally, we were taken till our gate from the lounge in a buggy, which is a nice and funny experience.

Apart from this, you get unlimited lounge access for yourself, 8 guest lounge visits a year (very helpful if you're traveling with kids), discounts on bookmyshow, 5:4 miles conversion ratio. I mean, since it is LTF, what's the point of not holding it? Just keep holding it.

Last edited:

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I mean, since it is LTF, what's the point of not holding it? Just keep holding it.
Yes I am not going to close it ...I just wanted to ensure I know the benefits fully so that I can utilize them wherever possible

I used the meet and greet once in bangalore a year back for domestic travel...it was quite useless...the person was with us the whole time but he was standing in line with us holding our luggage etc....essentially nothing changed except we had a porter....will try again for our next trip and on the international trip too

eatpepsi

TF Select
there is one important thing that people miss, if you have previous points from the old Magnus, those points will not be redeemable at the 5:4 ratio, they will be redeemable at the 5:2 ratio, only the new points accrued after the burgundy upgrade will be eligible for the new ratio of 5:4...

svs_23

TF Select
there is one important thing that people miss, if you have previous points from the old Magnus, those points will not be redeemable at the 5:4 ratio, they will be redeemable at the 5:2 ratio, only the new points accrued after the burgundy upgrade will be eligible for the new ratio of 5:4...
This is incorrect.
Its allowing me to redeem all points @ 5:4
Only thing to note is that the Burgundy Magnus Points have to be used up and then the Edge Rewards bucket comes into consideration but at the same ratio.

sumitlehri

TF Buzz
Since it is LTF, you're getting benefits of a premium card essentially for free. The 8 meet and greet airport concierge experience is a unique feature provided by Magnus. I used it this time for an international travel, and definitely it made a difference. Immigration got done quickly and also security check was done via the business class line. Finally, we were taken till our gate from the lounge in a buggy, which is a nice and funny experience.

Apart from this, you get unlimited lounge access for yourself, 8 guest lounge visits a year (very helpful if you're traveling with kids), discounts on bookmyshow, 5:4 miles conversion ratio. I mean, since it is LTF, what's the point of not holding it? Just keep holding it.
Do you think it is worth to maintain trv n get this card..How much return it can offer if i spend on this..I have big expenses lined up thjs year..I will be constructing my house

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do you think it is worth to maintain trv n get this card..How much return it can offer if i spend on this..I have big expenses lined up thjs year..I will be constructing my house
Don't maintain TRV just for this card. If you have your banking ecosystem in Axis Bank itself, then it's fine.