• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bali in April. Which credit card/currency to carry?

Anush

TF Buzz
Hi,
I have Axis Magnus, ICICI Amazon pay and citibank Indian Oil credit card. We are going to Bali in April. Can experts please recommend the best option to spend? Would it be prudent to take US dollars or should I go for Niyo global card?

Shadow747

TF Buzz
If you can spend 1 lac in a month through magnus on your trip. Then the best approach would be to use magnus.

No point in carrying US dollars as that would require re-conversion in Bali. If carrying cash, carry local currency.

Anush

TF Buzz
Sorry I should have been more clear.
I will be able to meet the Magnus milestone of 1 lakh regardless of my trip
If you can spend 1 lac in a month through magnus on your trip. Then the best approach would be to use magnus.

No point in carrying US dollars as that would require re-conversion in Bali. If carrying cash, carry local currency.

Buy a Niyo Global or Fi card which offers 0% conversion charges on PoS and Online usage. Not many places in Bali take cards. You would need cash. I had carried Fi card and withdrew the cash. They charge 100 Rs per withdrawal and some charge is levied by the withdrawing ATM. If there are places which accept the cards I used the same card for the 0 conversion rate.

metal_heart

TF Premier
Majority Bali prefer cash.
When we travelled, we converted INR to USD in India and USD to Bali Rupiya (There are plenty of shops for exchange).

yaathran

TF Select
I have travelled to Indonesia multiple times. Indonesia is still a cash dominant economy. I would recommend you withdraw cash using cards like Niyo Global or IndusInd Exclusive / Pioneer debit cards (Best). Many ATMs in Indonesia doesn't charge ATM Access fee, you can withdraw cash for free any number of times if you use cards like IndusInd Exclusive / Pioneer debit cards.