• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Debit/Credit card which could work in Russia?

arjun697

TF Premier
Hello everyone,

I would mostly have to travel to Russia in December or January! Due to the recent sanctions imposed, I know most debit card/credit cards issued by Visa/MC outside Russia may not work. Is it better to carry a Rupay card or Diner Club card issued in India? Or is there any other option that I missed out?

Obviously will have to carry certain amount of Rubles/Dollars in cash. Two of the strongest currencies this year against the rupee :(

zealot

TF Premier
Hello everyone,

I would mostly have to travel to Russia in December or January! Due to the recent sanctions imposed, I know most debit card/credit cards issued by Visa/MC outside Russia may not work. Is it better to carry a Rupay card or Diner Club card issued in India? Or is there any other option that I missed out?

Obviously will have to carry certain amount of Rubles/Dollars in cash. Two of the strongest currencies this year against the rupee :(
I watched few videos on YouTube, they have used Rupay Card in Russia. He withdraw some funds from Sber Bank ATM.