• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Select vs Axis Ace for Burgundy Holder

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,
I recently opened Burgundy account which makes me eligible for LTF Select credit card. I already hold paid Axis Ace card(free until Mar 25) and have mostly stopped using it after getting Infinia.

I don’t have much use of Select credit card other than welcome bonus and swiggy offer.

1. Shall I ask for an upgrade to Select from Ace or ask for new LTF Select card?
2. In future when I get true burgundy status and if the offer of M4B still continues, can we again ask new LTF M4B or need to surrender Select LTF to get LTF M4B.

Note: I might have missed but searched through the forum before creating this thread.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi,
I recently opened Burgundy account which makes me eligible for LTF Select credit card. I already hold paid Axis Ace card(free until Mar 25) and have mostly stopped using it after getting Infinia.

I don’t have much use of Select credit card other than welcome bonus and swiggy offer.

1. Shall I ask for an upgrade to Select from Ace or ask for new LTF Select card?
2. In future when I get true burgundy status and if the offer of M4B still continues, can we again ask new LTF M4B or need to surrender Select LTF to get LTF M4B.

Note: I might have missed but searched through the forum before creating this thread.
@Priya Karam might have help with M4B thing

drsel

TF Legend
Hi,

1. Ask for a new Select card
2. You can get Magnus Burgundy without surrender of Select card

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1. Ask for a new Select card
2. You can get Magnus Burgundy without surrender of Select card
Yes I can always ask for new card but in future I want to hold select, M4B and Airtel axis.

1. So if I close during the time I need my 4th card, can I close Ace and apply for the next card Immediately post closure ? Or does it have some cooling period?
2. I was also denied two months back for Airtel axis card since I already had 3 cards at that time and then I closed 2 cards and waiting for Airtel offer again. Since I had a rejection in last 2 months, do I need to wait for any cooling period before applying a different card?

drsel

TF Legend
Yes I can always ask for new card but in future I want to hold select, M4B and Airtel axis.

1. So if I close during the time I need my 4th card, can I close Ace and apply for the next card Immediately post closure ? Or does it have some cooling period?
2. I was also denied two months back for Airtel axis card since I already had 3 cards at that time and then I closed 2 cards and waiting for Airtel offer again. Since I had a rejection in last 2 months, do I need to wait for any cooling period before applying a different card?
1. No cool off period post closure
2. Wait for 90 days after rejection

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Airtel card: You can apply after 60 days from your last date of rejection. If you don't get the offer on your number, check family members' numbers for the offer.
Ya that’s what the Airtel app also says. I learned that if I apply with a different mobile number it will change for all my axis cards. Does it also impact my axis bank accounts?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Ya that’s what the Airtel app also says. I learned that if I apply with a different mobile number it will change for all my axis cards. Does it also impact my axis bank accounts?
I don't think so because the last time my number got changed, only the number associated with credit cards changed; the savings account number remained the same. But this was 3-4 months back, so don't quote me on this. 😄

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Will request:
(1) If anyone is aware whether lifetime free offer for Magnus for Burgundy credit card (for Burgundy accounts) has been extended beyond 31 December 2023?
(2) if it has not been extended currently, to post as and when they become aware of the offer being extended or being given to people on specific approvals basis etc.

gg123

TF Premier
Will request:
(1) If anyone is aware whether lifetime free offer for Magnus for Burgundy credit card (for Burgundy accounts) has been extended beyond 31 December 2023?
(2) if it has not been extended currently, to post as and when they become aware of the offer being extended or being given to people on specific approvals basis etc.
it is extended till 31st Jan. but if you are going by AQB route you have to eligible in Dec. This Jan period is the wiggle room for approvals of eligible customers. But TRV route like 30L FD should make you instantly eligible.

This is what my BM quoted. your experience could depend on who you are talking to. for these offline new applications RM has to fill some form with your current balance and then apply it. similar process as account upgrade in Axis. (At least that's what my RM told me to explain me easier because we went through Burgundy upgrade recently)

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
it is extended till 31st Jan. but if you are going by AQB route you have to eligible in Dec. This Jan period is the wiggle room for approvals of eligible customers. But TRV route like 30L FD should make you instantly eligible.

This is what my BM quoted. your experience could depend on who you are talking to. for these offline new applications RM has to fill some form with your current balance and then apply it. similar process as account upgrade in Axis. (At least that's what my RM told me to explain me easier because we went through Burgundy upgrade recently)
This FD thing is Bu!!$h¡T.
If fd is considered in TRV so does the same money in your savings.

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
It changed for all credit cards and saving account for me when I changed the number only for one cc via mobile app

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Thanks. Got it. Actually, I have just opened a new burgundy account this month. It is a burgundy salary account and has been opened as my company has tied up with Axis Bank. At the time of opening, the balance is zero and salary will start getting credited only from Feb or March onwards.

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
Will request:
One doubt sir, I need an magnus and Airtel card and my existing card is axis IOC with 32k limit can I open an account?? With 10l of ip to get magnus salary is not possible how can I avail that your suggestion needed and is this offer going on and if I close my axis account will magnus become chargeable??

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
Thanks. Got it. Actually, I have just opened a new burgundy account this month. It is a burgundy salary account and has been opened as my company has tied up with Axis Bank. At the time of opening, the balance is zero and salary will start getting credited only from Feb or March onwards.
And it's a banking programm like idfc wealth or do I need to maintain 10l aqb if not what will happen please guide me sir ??

denisjos

TF Buzz
Does axis provide any ltf cc if my company has a corporate tie up without opening a salary account ? Asking because I got to know hdfc does offer RG if the company has a corporate tie up.