• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank Credit Cards Devaluation News WEF 1st April 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
AU Bank sending email notifications to their credit card holders informing upcoming devaluation updates.

1. Discontinuation of Reward Points/Cashback: AU Credit Cardholders will not earn Reward
Point/Cashback on the below mentioned spends categories & on BBPS transactions starting 1st
April’2024. Please refer to the table below for spends categories and respective Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.

2. Reward Points on Telecom/Utility spends: AU Credit Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Utility & telecom spends. Reward Points will be capped to transaction amount of Rs. 10,000 & Cardholders can earn a maximum of 100 Reward Points per transaction. Please refer to the table below for Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.
Screenshot_20240302_122452_Drive.jpg

Revision of AU Zenith Credit Card feature/benefits:
Below mentioned changes will be applicable starting from 1st April’2024 for all AU Zenith Credit Cardholders.
a. Zenith Cardholders can avail 8 complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access (within India)
using his/her Visa Credit card (maximum of 2 complimentary visits per calendar quarter).

b. Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Insurance spends. Insurance Merchant
Category Codes/MCCs are (5960, 6300).

c. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 5,000 Reward Points on Dining spends per statement
cycle. Dining Merchant category codes/MCCs are (5811, 5812, 5813, 5814).

d. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 25,000 Reward Points in a statement cycle.

Attachments

• revision-of-au-small-finance-bank-credit-card-usage-terms-condition_1st_march_2024.pdf
    237.4 KB · Views: 46

VHARIA

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
No rewards on BBPS transactions

Utility and telecom is still earning 1RP but they put a spending cap of 10k

Reactions: SSV
I was just going to create a post on this. Indeed this is a massive devaluation. No more cashback or reward points for NPS contribution. Damnn 😡

VHARIA

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Zenith Plus got saved.
Zenith now looks like a standard cashback card after issuing it to many customers

asyd

TF Select
So, there are no reward points for rent, government, and education transactions. And almost no rewards for utility/telecom as well. Didn't expect it from AU Bank.

Maybe the next devaluation would be for NPS/Insurance transactions. It seems the journey with AU Zenith was too short for me! :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    58.4 KB · Views: 11
So, there are no reward points for rent, government, and education transactions. And almost no rewards for utility/telecom as well. Didn't expect it from AU Bank.

Maybe the next devaluation would be for NPS/Insurance transactions. It seems the journey with AU Zenith was too short for me! :(
NPS MCC code is 9399 which is also devalued.

helloworld

TF Legend

Insurance: 0.25%

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 which earns 0%

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Lol why are they devaluing their top card. I was hardly using it anyway these days except for cleartrip offers a few times.

Lit is so much more popular and abused. And nothing for that😅.

There is no logic at all. LTF LIT card is best among the lot and 9999 Zenith is worst.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier

I feel you brother, I got Au Zenith card on 26th Dec.

jetmix

TF Buzz
Friends

Int Lounge - Add On Card will still works or not (AU Zenith CC)

Please confirm as I am planning Int Tour with this card in July.

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Insurance: 0.25%

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 which earns 0%
Do note that there is 118 redemption fees even for Zenith. And for Vouchers it is 5:1, which is the most preferred option for this card. So effective is around 0.17% only.

Only good part is free birthday points. I have got it twice so far. Although, haven't done redemption since 6+ months due to redemption fees. All reward points just lying around.

Lol why are they devaluing their top card. I was hardly using it anyway these days except for cleartrip offers a few times.

Lit is so much more popular and abused. And nothing for that😅.

There is no logic at all. LTF LIT card is best among the lot and 9999 Zenith is worst.
I think this devaluation is applicable for AU LIT card as well. Only Zenith+ got saved. Correct me if I am wrong.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
With this devaluation, AU zenith is brought to the dust and is compared with au LIT. I wish I knew this will happen, would have not applied for this card and took au ixigo.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I think this devaluation is applicable for AU LIT card as well. Only Zenith+ got saved. Correct me if I am wrong.
I am not sure completely either.

If 1x becomes zero, will 10x also become zero? And what about cashback plans?

And for some categories, only 1x changed with some limit, which is same for LIT anyway. So not much effect.

Again I am comparing a LTF card with a 9999 card (of course, most people get it as LTF, but there is income and job requirements).

Edit: After reading again and checking last LIT devaluation, it seems LIT is also gone completely. Only wallet load is remaining, which is anyway not much useful except for payzapp.

Last edited:

Rdspam

TF Premier
Ever since Zenith Plus launched, these idiots have started regularly devaluing Zenith. They should just close the cards at this point and move everyone to something else. Clearly they are just trying to force everyone to change their zenith to zenith plus.