• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank Credit Cards Devaluation News WEF 1st April 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
AU Bank sending email notifications to their credit card holders informing upcoming devaluation updates.

1. Discontinuation of Reward Points/Cashback: AU Credit Cardholders will not earn Reward
Point/Cashback on the below mentioned spends categories & on BBPS transactions starting 1st
April’2024. Please refer to the table below for spends categories and respective Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.

2. Reward Points on Telecom/Utility spends: AU Credit Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Utility & telecom spends. Reward Points will be capped to transaction amount of Rs. 10,000 & Cardholders can earn a maximum of 100 Reward Points per transaction. Please refer to the table below for Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.
Screenshot_20240302_122452_Drive.jpg

Revision of AU Zenith Credit Card feature/benefits:
Below mentioned changes will be applicable starting from 1st April’2024 for all AU Zenith Credit Cardholders.
a. Zenith Cardholders can avail 8 complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access (within India)
using his/her Visa Credit card (maximum of 2 complimentary visits per calendar quarter).

b. Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Insurance spends. Insurance Merchant
Category Codes/MCCs are (5960, 6300).

c. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 5,000 Reward Points on Dining spends per statement
cycle. Dining Merchant category codes/MCCs are (5811, 5812, 5813, 5814).

d. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 25,000 Reward Points in a statement cycle.

Attachments

• revision-of-au-small-finance-bank-credit-card-usage-terms-condition_1st_march_2024.pdf
    237.4 KB · Views: 49

CoolGeek

TF Premier
In AU LIT card, is the devaluation applicable for 5%/2% cashback too, or only for 10x/5x categories?

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
Hi folks,

Sc smart doesn't gives cashback on rent payment of used redgiraffe, after AU bank devaluation is there any card which gives cashback on rent payment?
Also charges are higher using other portals feels like we're not earning money instead we're giving money as majority of platforms has started charging. Any solution for this - which portal to use and which credit card?

Thanks.

helloworld

TF Legend
Do note that there is 118 redemption fees even for Zenith. And for Vouchers it is 5:1, which is the most preferred option for this card. So effective is around 0.17% only.
Yes. Max. earn rate 0.25% but that depends on user preference.

Only good part is free birthday points. I have got it twice so far. Although, haven't done redemption since 6+ months due to redemption fees. All reward points just lying around.

Same. 625Rs. and sometimes BMS, with HSBC Card covering dining and food, this card completely stopped except those like NPS offers in last 2 years, not sure how it will be going forward with 0 reward points.

Currently, to upgrade Zenith+ I do not see any benefit there too with low cashback %.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

Sc smart doesn't gives cashback on rent payment of used redgiraffe, after AU bank devaluation is there any card which gives cashback on rent payment?
Also charges are higher using other portals feels like we're not earning money instead we're giving money as majority of platforms has started charging. Any solution for this - which portal to use and which credit card?

Thanks.
Rent payment via CC using any App as “Rent” is a forgone case.. it’s in the history now…

Alternative:
Load into App using CC and transfer money directly to the landlord account from the App..
Don’t ask me further details until some further research …😉

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Once again money back + wins. Another mouth shut reply to my bullies.
100 % .. no one can beat legendary MB* , especially in the case of devaluation…
The special formula implemented by HDFC for this secret success is:
“There is absolutely no room left for any devaluation “ …they designed the card with such a foolproof strategy ;)

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
100 % .. no one can beat legendary MB* , especially in the case of devaluation…
The special formula implemented by HDFC for this secret success is:
“There is absolutely no room left for any devaluation “ …they designed the card with this foolproof strategy ;)
This is like one of the duck tales episode.
duck tales disney GIF

Magica Mc duck can hold shadows and want to steal scrooge Mc duck s lucky coin by catching its shadow. No matter how many floodlights scrooge puts on, there is still a faint shadow. His nephews come with a brilliant idea to switch off all the lights, no light no shadow.

Similarly MB+, no reward no devalue.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Even I would like to know if cashback feature will still include utility transactions
I believe it is not included. I did one utility transaction and got the basic points only, no multiplier points and cashback. I have mailed to credit the feature cashback because as per PDF only rp is excluded. Still no response as of now. Will escalate to PNO.

ronakshah

TF Premier
I believe it is not included. I did one utility transaction and got the basic points only, no multiplier points and cashback. I have mailed to credit the feature cashback because as per PDF only rp is excluded. Still no response as of now. Will escalate to PNO.
Pls keep us posted. I also did a mobile recharge from jio app which is not considered under 5% cashback category. Have mailed them for an update.

adi_0001

TF Buzz
I have recently got AU Xcite Ace Credit card, I am wondering is there any change in cashback category as well or not apart from RP, my majority spends are in Utilities category, I was planning to shift 25k every month to this AU Xcite card. Anyone got insights on this?
TIA.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have recently got AU Xcite Ace Credit card, I am wondering is there any change in cashback category as well or not apart from RP, my majority spends are in Utilities category, I was planning to shift 25k every month to this AU Xcite card. Anyone got insights on this?
TIA.
Government and Education will now not earn cashback.

Mayurk

TF Buzz
One thing which nobody is talking about is AU card reward point
Now 1 RP = ₹0.2 (Earlier was ₹0.25)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-04-02-37-30-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-04-02-37-30-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 12