• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank Credit Cards Devaluation News WEF 1st April 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
AU Bank sending email notifications to their credit card holders informing upcoming devaluation updates.

1. Discontinuation of Reward Points/Cashback: AU Credit Cardholders will not earn Reward
Point/Cashback on the below mentioned spends categories & on BBPS transactions starting 1st
April’2024. Please refer to the table below for spends categories and respective Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.

2. Reward Points on Telecom/Utility spends: AU Credit Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Utility & telecom spends. Reward Points will be capped to transaction amount of Rs. 10,000 & Cardholders can earn a maximum of 100 Reward Points per transaction. Please refer to the table below for Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.
Screenshot_20240302_122452_Drive.jpg

Revision of AU Zenith Credit Card feature/benefits:
Below mentioned changes will be applicable starting from 1st April’2024 for all AU Zenith Credit Cardholders.
a. Zenith Cardholders can avail 8 complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access (within India)
using his/her Visa Credit card (maximum of 2 complimentary visits per calendar quarter).

b. Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Insurance spends. Insurance Merchant
Category Codes/MCCs are (5960, 6300).

c. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 5,000 Reward Points on Dining spends per statement
cycle. Dining Merchant category codes/MCCs are (5811, 5812, 5813, 5814).

d. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 25,000 Reward Points in a statement cycle.

Attachments

• revision-of-au-small-finance-bank-credit-card-usage-terms-condition_1st_march_2024.pdf
    237.4 KB · Views: 46

helloworld

TF Legend
One thing which nobody is talking about is AU card reward point
Now 1 RP = ₹0.2 (Earlier was ₹0.25)

There are many options in that same page to redeem at 0.25p (useful or not depends on one's preference but options exist).

mj01

TF Select
Got AU Zenith very recently and this happened! 🥲 Noticed one more thing - 20 RP per ₹100 spent for dining spends is a hit-and-miss scenario (the restaurant/ cafe should have the dining MCC I believe). I got 10 RP half the times and even 5 at times, which brings down the RR to a mediocre 1.25%.

Once closed you no longer get another card from them like Onecard. If still want drop a mail and forget AU.
Okay... Thanks! I am extremely fed up with AU bank's unskilled customer care executives, who doesn't even understand the problem correctly and also got fed up with their rigid system algorithms. I do not want to have any kind of banking relationship with AU bank so for me closing card is the best option.

helloworld

TF Legend
Okay... Thanks! I am extremely fed up with AU bank's unskilled customer care executives, who doesn't even understand the problem correctly and also got fed up with their rigid system algorithms. I do not want to have any kind of banking relationship with AU bank so for me closing card is the best option.

trust me.. same for all banks

its just that if we experience good, that has a good impression on us otherwise bad feeling.

customer executives are humans and humans tend to behave like humans. enthusiastic employee learn everything about product and respond, whereas lazy employee update us with whatever pdf content they're referring. Its how we behave, if everything perfect as we expected then can't imagine the growth in every department in every country.

with the problem you're having?

If branch available contact them, if not and tried mail route, give a gap of week and drop fresh one (hoping to get better executive for your query).

Moreover you can always escalate and try your luck.

If nothing works, and since you want to close relationship with AU, suggest you to keep that card (hope its LTF) somewhere safe and forget. You can try your requirement again after 6 months (maybe their systems and algos changed by that time), you don't have to close or use the card. Keep it idle and wait for the moment.

Last edited:
trust me.. same for all banks

its just that if we experience good, that has a good impression on us otherwise bad feeling.

customer executives are humans and humans tend to behave like humans. enthusiastic employee learn everything about product and respond, whereas lazy employee update us with whatever pdf content they're referring. Its how we behave, if everything perfect as we expected then can't imagine the growth in every department in every country.

whats the problem you're having?

If branch available contact them, if not and tried mail route, give a gap of week and drop fresh one (hoping to get better executive for your query).

Moreover you can always escalate and try your luck.

If nothing works, and since you want to close relationship with AU, suggest you to keep that card (hope its LTF) somewhere safe and forget. You can try your requirement again after 6 months (maybe their systems and algos changed by that time), you don't have to close or use the card. Keep it idle and wait for the moment.
You are absolutely spot on but the second reason for my card closure is that I also want to narrow my credit card portfolio. I used to had 25 credit cards (21 were LTF) & my family had overall 18 credit cards in addition to it, before year 2024. I was managing each and every card by my own. The portfolio has now shrinked to 11 cards as of today. What I have learned is that if everything goes well, it gives immense kick to earn rewards/cashbacks from credit cards. However, if something goes south, it takes a lot of time, energy and mental peace goes for a toss while following up with the bank, even with their higher bank officials. I was mentally extremely fatigued last year by maintaining these many credit cards and arguing with customer care executives for their bank's mishaps. I had to escalate one matter to RBI BO against the bank as they were not agreeing that my credit card is issued LTF although the bank website clearly mentioned that the credit card will be LTF if applied via website for NTB customers. I will not name the bank but it can be guessed clearly as this topic has been discussed earlier in much detail on this forum. So in short, I am polishing my credit card portfolio and keeping only the ones which I am using frequently just to avoid the mental burden which I am carrying over the past 2 years, even though I hold maximum credit cards as LTF. I feel much relaxed now by cutting down these many credit cards from my portfolio and will narrow my portfolio even further to 5-6 cards in this year.

helloworld

TF Legend
You are absolutely spot on but the second reason for my card closure is that I also want to narrow my credit card portfolio. I used to had 25 credit cards (21 were LTF) & my family had overall 18 credit cards in addition to it, before year 2024. I was managing each and every card by my own. The portfolio has now shrinked to 11 cards as of today. What I have learned is that if everything goes well, it gives immense kick to earn rewards/cashbacks from credit cards. However, if something goes south, it takes a lot of time, energy and mental peace goes for a toss while following up with the bank, even with their higher bank officials. I was mentally extremely fatigued last year by maintaining these many credit cards and arguing with customer care executives for their bank's mishaps. I had to escalate one matter to RBI BO against the bank as they were not agreeing that my credit card is issued LTF although the bank website clearly mentioned that the credit card will be LTF if applied via website for NTB customers. I will not name the bank but it can be guessed clearly as this topic has been discussed earlier in much detail on this forum. So in short, I am polishing my credit card portfolio and keeping only the ones which I am using frequently just to avoid the mental burden which I am carrying over the past 2 years, even though I hold maximum credit cards as LTF. I feel much relaxed now by cutting down these many credit cards from my portfolio and will narrow my portfolio even further to 5-6 cards in this year.

Agree, finally what gives you peaceful sleep, these shouldn't be burden rather beneficial.

btw, which card you have with AU?

tekina

TF Buzz
Hi folks,

Sc smart doesn't gives cashback on rent payment of used redgiraffe, after AU bank devaluation is there any card which gives cashback on rent payment?
Also charges are higher using other portals feels like we're not earning money instead we're giving money as majority of platforms has started charging. Any solution for this - which portal to use and which credit card?

Thanks.
AU Zenith+ with Nobroker or Redgiraffe.
Amex MRCC with Mobikwik

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does AU bank cards have any spent based lounge access or it is unconditional.
On au lit No spend criteria attached. It’s probably simple 199/299 for 1/2 lounge access. Check screenshot for details.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 8

summary

TF Buzz
I had closed AU Vetta two weeks ago to shrink my portfolio. First Axis, now AU...every other CC company devaluating their premium segment cards. Such a waste lol.

prashu

TF Premier
Is this devaluation is applicable from Apr 1st ?
I had made education fee in march and earned even a single rp.