• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank Credit Cards Devaluation News WEF 1st April 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
AU Bank sending email notifications to their credit card holders informing upcoming devaluation updates.

1. Discontinuation of Reward Points/Cashback: AU Credit Cardholders will not earn Reward
Point/Cashback on the below mentioned spends categories & on BBPS transactions starting 1st
April’2024. Please refer to the table below for spends categories and respective Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.

2. Reward Points on Telecom/Utility spends: AU Credit Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Utility & telecom spends. Reward Points will be capped to transaction amount of Rs. 10,000 & Cardholders can earn a maximum of 100 Reward Points per transaction. Please refer to the table below for Merchant Category Codes. There will be no revision for Zenith+ Credit Card, ixigo AU Credit Card, Aditya Birla Finance AU Pro/Flex/Nxt/Biz Credit Cardholders & they will continue to earn Reward Points on the below mentioned spend categories as per current feature construct.
Screenshot_20240302_122452_Drive.jpg

Revision of AU Zenith Credit Card feature/benefits:
Below mentioned changes will be applicable starting from 1st April’2024 for all AU Zenith Credit Cardholders.
a. Zenith Cardholders can avail 8 complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access (within India)
using his/her Visa Credit card (maximum of 2 complimentary visits per calendar quarter).

b. Cardholders will earn 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on Insurance spends. Insurance Merchant
Category Codes/MCCs are (5960, 6300).

c. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 5,000 Reward Points on Dining spends per statement
cycle. Dining Merchant category codes/MCCs are (5811, 5812, 5813, 5814).

d. Cardholders will earn a maximum of 25,000 Reward Points in a statement cycle.

Attachments

• revision-of-au-small-finance-bank-credit-card-usage-terms-condition_1st_march_2024.pdf
    237.4 KB · Views: 46

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Thirdy Party Apps will Have Name of College or Univeristy or School in its Name ?🤣

Identification is much easy.

Even if there is problem, Actual school and College issue Fee Recipts too🤣
Mai aaj he bol raha tha, Flipkart jaise site pe Wallet and Education payment category aa jata hai 1% charge karega. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Bas saare banks kar de, phir mera mission pura ho jayega, uske baad Himalaya chala jaunga.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Mai aaj he bol raha tha, Flipkart jaise site pe Wallet and Education payment category aa jata hai 1% charge karega. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Bas saare banks kar de, phir mera mission pura ho jayega, uske baad Himalaya chala jaunga.
Flipkart BOOKS and Stationary MCC tag kar raha hai kabhi kabhi.

Yeh MCC Education Fee Payments m Cover nhi hoti🤣.

Only Ludo SBI ne Cashback SBI se exclude ki hai yeh MCC under Education Payments ,baaki kisi Bank ne nhi ki.

Tension mat lo Flipkart ki Txns pe charge nhi lagega🤣

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thirdy Party Apps will Have Name of College or Univeristy or School in its Name ?🤣

Identification is much easy.

Even if there is problem, Actual school and College issue Fee Recipts too🤣
Yeah, but you are thinking manually. List of institutions and list of third party apps is huge with a new school and app opening every day. It can't happen without manual verification. And I can't imagine them doing it manually every month for lakhs/crores of customers.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Yeah, but you are thinking manually. List of institutions and list of third party apps is huge with a new school and app opening every day. It can't happen without manual verification. And I can't imagine them doing it manually every month for lakhs/crores of customers.

For School Name:- XYZ PUBLIC SCHOOL

Public School in Merchant name would be common to categorize by system itself.

For Collges Either University Full Name or Short Form Will Appear in Name or College/Institution Short Name or Full Name

I do not think everyday a New University or college/Institutions with New New Names emerges🤣

But a Brand new third Party App can emerge any time for which AU Charge 1%.

They must have taken the step after reviewing if Implementation of it is possible or not.

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For School Name:- XYZ PUBLIC SCHOOL

Public School in Merchant name would be common to categorize by system itself.

For Collges Either University Full Name or Short Form Will Appear in Name or College/Institution Short Name or Full Name

I do not think everyday a New University or college/Institutions with New New Names emerges🤣

But a Brand new third Party App can emerge any time for which AU Charge 1%.

They must have taken the step after reviewing if Implementation of it is possible or not.
Probably you are correct, only way to achieve this.
An automated system to exclude direct school education payments, additionally on user raised issues revert the fees after manual checks. They were doing this for electronics addon for amazon purchases previously

Bohra

TF Buzz
I did a nps transaction on 1st April and it got considered for the 5% cashback so is NPS not part of devaluation

helloworld

TF Legend
I did a nps transaction on 1st April and it got considered for the 5% cashback so is NPS not part of devaluation

which payment gateway? actually nps 9399 is part of govt. and not eligible for rewards or cashback except those two mentioned cards.

so, either you got wrong mcc or since 1st april is financial year, they may consider it as march purchase and not applied new changes.

Do 100rs. test again for further confirmation.

Bohra

TF Buzz
which payment gateway? actually nps 9399 is part of govt. and not eligible for rewards or cashback except those two mentioned cards.

so, either you got wrong mcc or since 1st april is financial year, they may consider it as march purchase and not applied new changes.

Do 100rs. test again for further confirmation.
Now I don't remember which gateway I used but how can I check the mcc code of the transaction in au lit

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
AU has slowly gone the Axis way and devalued all its cards in order to make Zenith Plus stand out. Pathetic approach. Was happy with the Zenith card which I have but AU forced me to stop using whatever I did earlier. Haven’t used it for the last 4-5 months. Last year they usually used to give lot of monthly milestone expenditure benefits so that kept a customer motivated to use the card.