• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Possible au bank credit card breach

Hi;

I am able to view credit card details of other users in the AU 0101 app. Including full card number, expiry date, cardholders name and cvv, credit limit, etc.

AU bank cc users please take necessary precautions. I have blocked the unknown users card for his safety and mine

It seems to have been fixed already. post#23
AU bank reached out to me. While they claim there was no security lapse from their end, all that PR things. Your money is safe etc. I did send them the screenshots for their backend investigation.

Basically what happened was I tried to view my card details in app, the app glitches for a while and it shows card details including cvv of a different card. When I go back, I am able to see their unbilled transactions etc.

I was able to replicate this issue twice, but ig the app briefly went down (confirmed by others when they tried to block their own card) after which I suppose the issue was fixed

I am afraid I cannot publicly share the screenshot as I took a picture of my phone screen (au 0101 app does not allow screenshots on android) along with part of my cc to show au customer care that the card that was being displayed on app was indeed not mine.

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
AU bank reached out to me. While they claim there was no security lapse from their end, all that PR things. Your money is safe etc. I did send them the screenshots for their backend investigation.

Basically what happened was I tried to view my card details in app, the app glitches for a while and it shows card details including cvv of a different card. When I go back, I am able to see their unbilled transactions etc.

I was able to replicate this issue twice, but ig the app briefly went down (confirmed by others when they tried to block their own card) after which I suppose the issue was fixed

I am afraid I cannot publicly share the screenshot as I took a picture of my phone screen (au 0101 app does not allow screenshots on android) along with part of my cc to show au customer care that the card that was being displayed on app was indeed not mine.
U can always edit the image and crop/color the sensitive info like card last 8 digits, expiry, CVV.

U can always edit the image and crop/color the sensitive info like card last 8 digits, expiry, CVV.
Clearly two different cards the first one is not mine. From this menu if I press back, I am able to view the transactions, cardholders name etc of the card which is not mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 17

king220477

TF Buzz

if the person set his card limit, for example 5k per day
or block online transactions ,

did you able to change that ?

today morning i applied for AU card
now i'm bit scared

any way to be safe even if card number got leaked

if the person set his card limit, for example 5k per day
or block online transactions ,

did you able to change that ?

today morning i applied for AU card
now i'm bit scared

any way to be safe even if card number got leaked
I was able to block the card to prevent misuse (Didn’t check if I could modify transaction limits)

I noticed on twitter that few users were complaining on the au bank account. Regarding receiving multiple otps to authenticate transactions. So there is always that line of defence well, unless its an international transaction which sometimes goes through without requiring an OTP (Which I always recommend you either turn it off entirely unless needed or set a very low limit)

And you can always file a chargeback in cases of unauthorised transactions. Such banking frauds are not new to this industry anyways.

So enjoy your new credit card worry free

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    738.9 KB · Views: 8