• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Card

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can someone share information about the vouchers available when joining/renewing the APC?

How do the vouchers work? For ex., can the 37400 rupees travel vouchers be used for bookings or do we need to use them with other offers (third night free, free room upgrade, etc.)?

To be precise, with Axis Magnus Card, one can get the annual fees back in the form of the Tata Cliq voucher. The actual charge is only for the taxes levied.

Does APC allows similar value extraction on its annual fees? If not, what is the value that can be extracted?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I think for Amex Plat Charge , welcome benefits are in form of 50K Taj Vouchers that can be used in for stay/dinning spends in Taj , and this is a welcome benefit the same will not be given for joining charges . Not sure about the 37400 travel vouchers

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It seems that the 45000 rupees hotel vouchers are only for the welcome offer.
There is no offer when one renews the card.

If one one is holding the card, can they share their opinion on why this card is worth it? What type of annual spend makes this card value-worthy?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Amex Plat Charge card is a lifestyle card , that fits to someone who is a frequent international traveler , loves to stay in luxury hotels with all those elite tier memberships, wants to enjoy access to invite only events, special offers etc. It is not a rewarding card like Infinia or Magus or Reserve but a card for experiencing premium lifestyle.

Note - I don't hold this card , but I am planning to take in next couple of weeks.

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Amex Plat Charge card is a lifestyle card , that fits to someone who is a frequent international traveler , loves to stay in luxury hotels with all those elite tier memberships, wants to enjoy access to invite only events, special offers etc. It is not a rewarding card like Infinia or Magus or Reserve but a card for experiencing premium lifestyle.

Note - I don't hold this card , but I am planning to take in next couple of weeks.
Cool. Keep this thread posted with your experiences.

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
There is a offline offer where you can get up to 55K Taj vouchers.
Can use it for domestic bookings. It will be separate vouchers of 10K each.
So that you can use it on multiple bookings :)

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's only on joining but they may give retention offers depending on spends for renewal. I got the welcome offer in an email with 4x10k and 1x5k vouchers. Terms attached. Screenshot_20230113-125226.png

Applied through best banker. Contact him, he will push your application through and help with anything.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is a offline offer where you can get up to 55K Taj vouchers.
Can use it for domestic bookings. It will be separate vouchers of 10K each.
So that you can use it on multiple bookings :)
what is the offer for offline applications? i mean how many MR points and how much worth voucher in first year?

Operation9343

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I received 120,000 Membership Rewards (MR) points with my American Express Platinum card, making the initial fee highly worthwhile. During the second and third year renewals, I received 90,000 MR points, also making the renewal fee worth it. However, for the fourth year renewal, the offered rewards were less compelling, with options of only 50,000 points or 45,000 Taj vouchers, making it difficult to justify the cost. Additionally, having the Magnus card for FPP/Marriott makes the Amex Platinum card less attractive.

Edit: For multiplier rewards, on the American Express, Gold charge card makes it a worthwhile investment; I have applied for and will be receiving the card next week.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I received 120,000 Membership Rewards (MR) points with my American Express Platinum card, making the initial fee highly worthwhile. During the second and third year renewals, I received 90,000 MR points, also making the renewal fee worth it. However, for the fourth year renewal, the offered rewards were less compelling, with options of only 50,000 points or 45,000 Taj vouchers, making it difficult to justify the cost. Additionally, having the Magnus card for FPP/Marriott makes the Amex Platinum card less attractive.

Edit: For multiplier rewards, on the American Express, Gold charge card makes it a worthwhile investment; I have applied for and will be receiving the card next week.
For new issue , they are only providing Taj vouchers as welcome benefits and not MR points

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Currently I have an offer of 125,000 MR points as upgrade offer on my Amex Plat Travel. Offer validity till 28th Feb. Till 31st Dec 2022, I had the offer with 110,000 MR points. Till 31st Oct 2022, I had offer with 45K Taj vouchers

Looks like Amex is trying to go aggressive in customer acquisition. Although even with these offers I am not sure if I will go with this upgrade as I like my Amex Plat Travel that gives 34K Taj vouchers with minimal fees (usually offset by regular MR points earned by spending 4L)

Last edited:

alphamagnus

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Currently I have an offer of 125,000 MR points as upgrade offer on my Amex Plat Travel. Offer validity till 31st March. Till 31st Dec 2022, I had the offer with 110,000 MR points. Till 31st Oct 2022, I had offer with 45K Taj vouchers

Looks like Amex is trying to go aggressive in customer acquisition. Although even with these offers I am not sure if I will go with this upgrade as I like my Amex Plat Travel that gives 34K Taj vouchers with minimal fees (usually offset by regular MR points earned by spending 4L)
How much spends are there on your Plat Travel for upgrade?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually NO..

Amex Plat Travel and MRCC have different MR accounts. I have both of them. Reason being different redemption options for MRCC and Plat T. Plat T does not have 18K/24K redemption options.

What I have heard however is that Plat T, Reserve, Plat charge can have same MR account.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Actually NO..

Amex Plat Travel and MRCC have different MR accounts. I have both of them. Reason being different redemption options for MRCC and Plat T. Plat T does not have 18K/24K redemption options.

What I have heard however is that Plat T, Reserve, Plat charge can have same MR account.
If I recall correctly you can call Amex and they'll convert them to normal MR points upon request.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually NO..

i meant they have same MR account. Except few redemptions like 18k/24k and few specific amex plat travel redemptions entire points can be used together. For example the most popular use is converting to Marriott Bonvoy and for that both card combined points can be used as they belong to one Amex MR account only.