• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Card

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can someone share information about the vouchers available when joining/renewing the APC?

How do the vouchers work? For ex., can the 37400 rupees travel vouchers be used for bookings or do we need to use them with other offers (third night free, free room upgrade, etc.)?

To be precise, with Axis Magnus Card, one can get the annual fees back in the form of the Tata Cliq voucher. The actual charge is only for the taxes levied.

Does APC allows similar value extraction on its annual fees? If not, what is the value that can be extracted?

Ankur dhanda

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When is the joining fees levied on platinum charge? Isn’t it charged in the first month statement. My first statement was generated but fees wasn’t charged in it.

Ankur dhanda

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have done 50k spend within a month. But to receive the joining benefits one condition is payment of joining fees.
I connected with them through chat, said will connect within 24-48 hrs to revert on the same. Let’s see then

helloworld

TF Legend
Received offer on my smartearn card with a Taj voucher worth 50k. Looks like AMEX has less customers with this card, they skipped all cards in between for this upgrade.

Annual fee > SmartEarn annual spend requirement.

Varun3030

TF Buzz
Hi,
Applied for a Platinum Charge Card through a link provided by an Airport guy.

Applied on Saturday 20th May 5.26 pm

Did VKYC on Sunday 21st May 9.30 am

Uploaded Income Doc n additionally they asked for Voter ID too at the same time.

Airport guy asked me to reply to a email as my consent for the fee of the card did that too.

Today Wednesday 24th May 2.43 am received a reminder email for document upload I uploaded again in pdf format as earlier I did it in jpeg. Later realised it was just a reminder email when I called cc.

What can I expect next? Do anyone have any idea. How long will it take?

rohitnsync

TF Select
People who were offered upgrade to Amex Platinum card...what were your spend patterns on MRCC and Gold card? Did you use these cards as your primary card? Or can one can still be provided an update even with an optimised usage of MRCC/Gold card?

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
Hi,
Applied for a Platinum Charge Card through a link provided by an Airport guy.

Applied on Saturday 20th May 5.26 pm

Did VKYC on Sunday 21st May 9.30 am

Uploaded Income Doc n additionally they asked for Voter ID too at the same time.

Airport guy asked me to reply to a email as my consent for the fee of the card did that too.

Today Wednesday 24th May 2.43 am received a reminder email for document upload I uploaded again in pdf format as earlier I did it in jpeg. Later realised it was just a reminder email when I called cc.

What can I expect next? Do anyone have any idea. How long will it take?
You should have received it by now

saikatCC

TF Buzz
I received 120,000 Membership Rewards (MR) points with my American Express Platinum card, making the initial fee highly worthwhile. During the second and third year renewals, I received 90,000 MR points, also making the renewal fee worth it. However, for the fourth year renewal, the offered rewards were less compelling, with options of only 50,000 points or 45,000 Taj vouchers, making it difficult to justify the cost. Additionally, having the Magnus card for FPP/Marriott makes the Amex Platinum card less attractive.

Edit: For multiplier rewards, on the American Express, Gold charge card makes it a worthwhile investment; I have applied for and will be receiving the card next week.
these MR points are guaranteed or conditional or at the discretion of Amex?