• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What credit cards (or combination of cards) give you the highest domestic & international lounge access penetration?

b2tb

TF Buzz
Is a combination of Diners Club Black & Yes Bank exclusive enough to cover access to 90% of all domestic and international lounge access?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
how much is the difference in dcb and priority pass acceptability at lounges? (both domestic as well as international)?

b2tb

TF Buzz
DCB+a good amex card+a card that gives unlimited Priority pass
I think this seems optimum

Amex gets the best coverage of the better lounges in places like SG, Sydney but tier 2 airports seem to be better accessed through a combination of DCB & PP

Gkcards

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I think this seems optimum

Amex gets the best coverage of the better lounges in places like SG, Sydney but tier 2 airports seem to be better accessed through a combination of DCB & PP
but isnt it on the most expensive Amex Platinum card only - 72k fees?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
please check TnC. it's $32 per visit using PP received via Plat travel card
I agree with that. I am saying in case if you have a proper Amex Plat card, you don't need another card for PP access. But whether it is worth holding the Plat is up to the specific user. I mentioned it since the earlier comment was about using Amex and then using DCB and PP combination. DCB doesn't give PP, and so I guess that meant one would need to have another card. For the best access worldwide, one would need an Amex Plat, since other Amex cards won't give Centurion lounge access abroad (unless Centurion of course)

Gkcards

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I agree with that. I am saying in case if you have a proper Amex Plat card, you don't need another card for PP access. But whether it is worth holding the Plat is up to the specific user. I mentioned it since the earlier comment was about using Amex and then using DCB and PP combination. DCB doesn't give PP, and so I guess that meant one would need to have another card. For the best access worldwide, one would need an Amex Plat, since other Amex cards won't give Centurion lounge access abroad (unless Centurion of course)
DCB itself acts like PP, I mean many lounges worldwide allow access just by showing the DCB card. It's like 2 (credit card + PP) cards in 1 (DCB). But not all lounges allowing access on PP will allow access using DCB, and it may be case other way also.