• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for International fuel spends

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All,
Any suggestion on best card for international fuel spends. Is fuel surcharge applicable on these transactions too? Along with Forex charge?

I have HDFC Infinia, Axis Reserve and Axis Atlas (for hotels only) as my main cards for international transactions.

TIA

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looks like not many people here had experince. Let me share my exeprince.

I used Axis Reserve for Fuel spends multiple times in early March. Whenever the traction was between Rs. 400 to Rs.4000. I got 1% cashback even though there was no surcharge. When the spend was more than Rs. 4000 or less than Rs. 400, I got normal rewards i.e. 15 ER/Rs 200. And did not get any accelreated points that Axis gives for Forex transactions.

shadow

TF Premier

I used Axis Reserve for Fuel spends multiple times in early March. Whenever the traction was between Rs. 400 to Rs.4000. I got 1% cashback even though there was no surcharge. When the spend was more than Rs. 4000 or less than Rs. 400, I got normal rewards i.e. 15 ER/Rs 200. And did not get any accelreated points that Axis gives for Forex transactions.
and the forex charges were also levied, right?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Wrote international fuel transaction..
Quotes in inr 🌚
Why vro

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wrote international fuel transaction..
Quotes in inr 🌚
Why vro
I am talking about equivalent INR. There are mutiple international currency and if I quote those values people reffering to this section will have to convert and understand.

And if you interested, here you go:
I got normal ER for transaction less than ~NZD 7.98 and higher than ~NZD 79.83. The reward rate for these transaction was 15ER for every ~NZD 3.99 instead of 30ER for every ~NZD 3.99. Hope this helps.

Also note that currency value keeps fluctating. The rewards or no rewards are based on the INR value of the transacation.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I am talking about equivalent INR. There are mutiple international currency and if I quote those values people reffering to this section will have to convert and understand.

And if you interested, here you go:
I got normal ER for transaction less than NZD 7.98 and higher than NZD 79.83. The reward rate for these transaction was 15ER for every NZD 3.99 instead of 30ER for eevry NZD 3.99. Hope this helps
Sadly reseve is not so reserve anymore..
Did you close the card or waiting for renewal