• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[UPI Registration Initiated] not done by me

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Team,

I just received few messages that I initiated UPI registration on UPI app , which is not done by me:

Kotak:
Dear Customer,

As per your request, the process to link your Kotak Bank account on UPI App has been initiated. Please call on 1860 266 2666 immediately or contact your nearest branch if this request is not made by you.

Warm Regards,
Team Kotak Mahindra Bank

IDFC:

You have initiated the process of adding your IDFC FIRST Bank accounts t BHIM UPI. Not You? Contact IDFC FIRST Bank or Register a complaint on 180010888"

Both of which was not done by me. Should I be concerned?

Steps taken:

Called both the banks and blocked debit on my accounts. And Froze accounts as well , as I was able to Perform UPI transactions even after Debit block :(

Anything to be concerned about?

Why did I call Kotak and IDFC and blocked my account?
I got message and mail from proper channel and both the listed helpline numbers are valid.

Second, why am I not worried a lot, because I didn't get a message that the linking with UPI app was successful!

Waiting for both the banks to update on why I got that message and where was this UPI registration initiated from.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi Team,

I just received few messages that I initiated UPI registration on UPI app , which is not done by me:

Kotak:
Dear Customer,

As per your request, the process to link your Kotak Bank account on UPI App has been initiated. Please call on 1860 266 2666 immediately or contact your nearest branch if this request is not made by you.

Warm Regards,
Team Kotak Mahindra Bank

IDFC:

You have initiated the process of adding your IDFC FIRST Bank accounts t BHIM UPI. Not You? Contact IDFC FIRST Bank or Register a complaint on 180010888"

Both of which was not done by me. Should I be concerned?

Steps taken:

Called both the banks and blocked debit on my accounts. And Froze accounts as well , as I was able to Perform UPI transactions even after Debit block :(

Anything to be concerned about?

Why did I call Kotak and IDFC and blocked my account?
I got message and mail from proper channel and both the listed helpline numbers are valid.

Second, why am I not worried a lot, because I didn't get a message that the linking with UPI app was successful!

Waiting for both the banks to update on why I got that message and where was this UPI registration initiated from.
Might the messages were of past.

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Finally got the root cause ! IDFC Bank App automatically registered me for UPI :D By just opening the app on android phone :p
Somehow my IDFC First and Kotak are interlinked!

Say when I send some money to <mobile number>@idfcfirstbank it goes to my Kotak bank :D

This is how I got the notification for both Kotak and IDFC