• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

List of UPI Apps which does not need SMS Permission

nits123

TF Select
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

If you know any other UPI app which does not need SMS permission, please share.

#aniket

TF Ace
How to delete all data from Paytm and close the account?
You can deregister from Paytm and ask if they do but I don't think, deletion is possible. Paytm's customer support worst and to reach them is very very hard one can think of. Twitter works sometimes but not always and in a good way.

Also, not possible to request deletion from developer team either. It can be deleted in case of Phonepe, G-Pay, Payzaap through this method.

Screenshot_20240430-233525.jpg
Also, is there any app which allows CC bill payment with DC and fast settlement?
Yes, there are many...Cred, Cheq.

Give and try with small amount firstly.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
To my surprise, Paytm has even withdrawn UPI International feature after rolling out new update, which was available earlier at Profile> UPI and Payment Settings> UPI Settings. Near to UPI payment requests and UPI automatic payments.

Not only this, it's also removed (sent to particular bank's logo) which was removed before also once and then added and then again removed this time.

Screenshot_20240429-130408.jpg

Screenshot_20240429-130452.jpg
We can't even check on sending or receiving money, other party bank's name & last 4 digits of account number. It's used to be under UPI's ID of sender/receiver in message section>particular individual> after clicking on particular txn.

Few months/ yr ago, dynamic QR option was also removed. 😂

Main feature: Customisation of UPI ID with letter was removed and forcefully shifted/ migrated primary UPI ID with Phone Number@Ptxxc though UPI number is already set to Phone number linked on Paytm itself.

Degrading the features and app day by day.

Guys can you confirm the same?
@SSV @hundredth @panchabhut
When Paytm payments bank is within in house, they have all this luxury.
Now need to depend on third party..
They must re architect the systems..
They need to figure out how to work with in the new architecture. Takes time . Calm down

#aniket

TF Ace
My UPI id is : phone number @paytm
That's why it's reflecting may be.
However, I have also received on PhoneNumber@paytm, though lack of info.

Even sent no info on payment sucessful page either. Earlier, it's not used to be like this. Primary UPI ID: phone number@Pthdfc. 😂
Not showing the txn is even transaction history.
Screenshot_20240430-235331.jpg

Screenshot_20240430-235230.jpg

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Good then don't update it. 😂
I don’t and I don’t do these kinds of stuff generally when any changes are happening to my systems such as
1) integrating with some new systems
2) consolidation
3) migration
4) scaling down etc
Unless absolutely necessary
Basically when something is working I don’t modify it unless it’s broken…
I keep it as long as it works..
If I know for sure I get some new benefits then I will modify..
In essence ,don’t break it when it is working

#aniket

TF Ace
Basically when something is working I don’t modify it unless it’s broken…
I keep it as long as it works..
If I know for sure I get some new benefits then I will modify..
In essence ,don’t break it when it is working
I too have this attitude but never expected something negative like this was hopping to not get triggered with some failure txn and refunds.

And none pointed the cons like this though I have tried after few good number of days.

Thought good to go now, because of lack of complaints...

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I too have this attitude but never expected something negative like this was hopping to not get triggered with some failure txn and refunds.

And none pointed the cons like this though I have tried after few good number of days.
Just yesterday, my cc payment got failed and triggered refund aafter initial successful transaction message .. very strange..
So they are having some challenges in getting their integration work to function smoothly..
I won’t touch them for another month

Mruseless

TF Premier
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

If you know any other UPI app which does not need SMS permission, please share.
Follow few steps... Click on the profile section,on left side of your phone.. then profile settings,then manage notification,now you get the same page which I posted below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501-063030.png
    Screenshot_20240501-063030.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 6

NTT

TF Buzz
You can deregister from Paytm and ask if they do but I don't think, deletion is possible. Paytm's customer support worst and to reach them is very very hard one can think of. Twitter works sometimes but not always and in a good way.

Also, not possible to request deletion from developer team either. It can be deleted in case of Phonepe, G-Pay, Payzaap through this method.

Screenshot_20240430-233525.jpg

Yes, there are many...Cred, Cheq.

Give and try with small amount firstly.
Hi.. please share more on this deletion method. How should one proceed to get data deleted in apps which offer this facility.

If you can list out steps (or screenshots) that would help.