• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tricks to get Emerald LTF and Indulge LTF

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I have recently opened a Select account with IndusInd. They have offered me Legend LTF, but I have asked for Indulge LTF instead. I offered them to put 5L FD as goodwill. What are my chances? Any other tricks I can use? I already hold Infinia and Magnus so I don’t have a lot to gain from Indulge, but I will keep LTF if they offer.

Similarly, I have requested my icici RM to upgrade from Sapphiro LTF to Emerald LTF. I have told them that if they do so, I will move some expenses to Emerald, give them additional SIP and won’t move my salary to Axis. Would this work? Again, I have no inclination to pay any fees for Emerald since my other cards cover most benefits already

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
There is no story as such. My RM recently changed and when the new RM made the customary visit, I explained to him that icici is losing in credit card game and how I have moved my spending to axis and Hdfc (at one point, I only had icici card). I told him the only card I can have is Emerald and that too LTF since I don’t see any point paying joining/annual fees when the benefits are all covered by my other cards.

He made efforts to get approval for emerald. Looks like he succeeded. In return, I promised to start a small SIP.

I have a long relationship with icici. The TRV is not that high to be honest based on reports I have seen in this forum for Emerald LTF. Let me say, 20L+ investments in MF, 20L+ in PPFs and other debt accounts.
That's really great and inspiring to hear. You've become another champion of negotiations just like anirban. Emeralde LTF is not easy to get

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
So they are going to devalue it or not? Your statement above is quite confusing :)
Nothing much to devalue for emeralde , as it doesn’t have anything of value
Max they would do is restrict the number of lounges for access like Axis.

As the card has 0 reward structure so there’s nothing there to devalue too.

Even DF is not provided for add-on card holders , it’s restricted to primary .

Even if they try to devalue , they would find nothing .

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My Emerald is approved. Haven’t yet got the kit, but I am told it’s LTF
There's nothing much to look forward to in the welcome kit. The credit card is delivered in a simple envelope (just like Amazon Pay Credit Card envelope). The same is true for the Dreamfolks Card which will also come subsequently in the same manner.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
There's nothing much to look forward to in the welcome kit. The credit card is delivered in a simple envelope (just like Amazon Pay Credit Card envelope). The same is true for the Dreamfolks Card which will also come subsequently in the same manner.
Emirates Emeralde gets delivered in simple envelope
But Emeralde gets delivered in proper packaging

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I don’t care about packaging. I want to look at the kit to see if any specific terms and conditions are mentioned for LTF
None of the icici cards comes with information related to joining and annual charges
To confirm LTF status write a mail to customer care or head credit services and keep that in writing , also when you filled the application , you must have received a MITC agreement and application form in that charges are clearly mentioned

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
None of the icici cards comes with information related to joining and annual charges
To confirm LTF status write a mail to customer care or head credit services and keep that in writing , also when you filled the application , you must have received a MITC agreement and application form in that charges are clearly mentioned
The way it works with icici is that the RM writes the application for their base variant card, which is LTF by default. But then use internal approval to issue higher variant card actually. So the application doesn’t say anything about joining/annual fees. Will see if the kit has anything to say it’s LTF or just wait for surprises 😊

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
The way it works with icici is that the RM writes the application for their base variant card, which is LTF by default. But then use internal approval to issue higher variant card actually. So the application doesn’t say anything about joining/annual fees. Will see if the kit has anything to say it’s LTF or just wait for surprises 😊
I don’t think that’s how it carried out in icici .
I have all cards from icici and all of them LTF , each time the application form had the exact card details that I applied for and in last screen it shows by default LTF selected .
In fact when LTF comes up , other options gets grayed out

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don’t think that’s how it carried out in icici .
I have all cards from icici and all of them LTF , each time the application form had the exact card details that I applied for and in last screen it shows by default LTF selected .
In fact when LTF comes up , other options gets grayed out
That’s probably because you filled in the form online by yourself. This was kinda offline process done by the RM

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Can somebody advise the differences between ICICI Emirates Emeralde vs just Emirates cc?
If there is any existing thread, please point to. Thanks.
Key differences
Emeralde has no value reward structure
Emirates gives silver tier emirates membership plus 2.5 Skywards on 100 Rs spend
Emeralde has no welcome or joining benefit , Emirates gives 10k skywards ( upon fee payment )

12k cancelation refund per year is only ok emeralde and not on emirates
Forex markup of emirates is 3.5% where as emeralde is 1.5%
Emeralde gives 0 cash withdrawal charges emirates has charges
Emirates comes in visa signature , emeralde in visa infinite/MC world/ Amex

Rest all features like lounge , spa , bms are same in both .