• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

Tejo

TF Legend
Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.
actually after vkyc only they will give application number*

might technical issue, as this 2nd time your applying, system might thought kyc completed

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Ok bro , on wednesday i completed VKYC and after 2 hrs i got mail that my application is VKYC approved.

Does it mean my application is approved bro ?

Can anyone let me know about this ?

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ok bro , on wednesday i completed VKYC and after 2 hrs i got mail that my application is VKYC approved.

Does it mean my application is approved bro ?

Can anyone let me know about this ?
No, VKYC completed means they successfully captured your vKYC.

Your application is still in review. Just to give you an idea, my vKYC completed on 21st June and on 31st June, application got approved.

binno

TF Premier
RML Group
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?
My salary is 60k and i have amazon pay icici cc 130k (5% utilised) and hdfc bank cc 100k with 60% utilised because of loan

Should i attach my salary slip or credit card statement for sc credit card .. if cc statement then which one ?

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
If you are eligible for the card and if your cibil is good , they wont ask any income docs .

1 agent said to me in case of SC , if it goes till VKYC , your application will be 99% approved .

Then also If they ask income docs , send payslip bro then only they think u have some stable income and you will be to repay properly.

PranavJoshi

TF Buzz
I have applied for SC Smart, and I recieved a verification email on my office email ID. Do they reject the application if I don't respond to it?

My organization is pretty strict with external communication, so I want to avoid responding if possible.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
For me and all they didnt ask anything bro , not sure of this.

Anyway i can give you 2 ideas for this ,

Once you have applied , you might have got call from agent to process your application , call him/her and ask what you want to do ?

Or else i would suggest , write a mail from your official mail id , take a snapshot which shows your official mail id in FROM and send from your personal mail id stating the reason "My organization is pretty strict with external communication".

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
I also applied for SC Ultimate through paisabazaar, got an instant popup that my card is approved (I aint sure of that as I was still in PB app) today got a call from an SC agent taking few more details and Adhaar EKYC completed both and got an application no. As per the agent I should have received a VKYC link but instead I got an email stating their records show am an ETB so offered me 3 ways to verify to proceed further Debit Card, Credit Card or Mobile OTP. I hold a banking relationship and verified using Mobile OTP. Post which I got an application no through email but no VKYC link. ETB customers also need VKYC or are exempt? What to expect next? Btw SC has rejected my credit card applications multiple times in the past.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I also applied for SC Ultimate through paisabazaar, got an instant popup that my card is approved (I aint sure of that as I was still in PB app) today got a call from an SC agent taking few more details and Adhaar EKYC completed both and got an application no. As per the agent I should have received a VKYC link but instead I got an email stating their records show am an ETB so offered me 3 ways to verify to proceed further Debit Card, Credit Card or Mobile OTP. I hold a banking relationship and verified using Mobile OTP. Post which I got an application no through email but no VKYC link. ETB customers also need VKYC or are exempt? What to expect next? Btw SC has rejected my credit card applications multiple times in the past.
not sure about paisabazaar , but for existing customers no VKYC apart from HSBC bank which i know.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
ETB customers via Paisabazaar or direct bank website don't need to do vkyc again. As you've already verified by OTP they will conduct office verification (if needed) and approve the same.