• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You applied as Salaried?
Yes, my status has changed.. now part of payroll .. as well as independent billing... depends on the project type .
I am a free bird.. .I can bill the way I want... slowly increasing my work load.. may not be able spend much time on this forum .. even though my role is purely advisory..

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Bank is English but website designers must be from Somewhere else
Understood... still there is a process called qualtiy check , approval, sign off etc...
and you derive your qualities from your parent organisation. and top management i.e. DNA..
so obviously they are least bothered about Indian market ...

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
Irony is: SC being an English Bank.. they had written "Principal" instead of "principle" which have quite different meanings...

"Your Smart Credit Card application has been approved in Principal"" this is wrong.. in prinicple is right..
They sometimes forget they are a financial institution and rather function like a school 🫡😅😂

helloworld

TF Legend
Irony is: SC being an English Bank.. they had written "Principal" instead of "principle" which have quite different meanings...

"Your Smart Credit Card application has been approved in Principal"" this is wrong.. in prinicple is right..
1702373165407.png
1702373186141.png

Don't know but I found one of the meaning of 'principal' is suitable in that context rather 'principle', but I don't know much which one correct, anyway.

I read as 'card approved but limit yet to decide -- sum of money lent'.

Btw, congrats.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1702373165407.png
1702373186141.png

Don't know but I found one of the meaning of 'principal' is suitable in that context rather 'principle', but I don't know much which one correct, anyway.

I read as 'card approved but limit yet to decide -- sum of money lent'.

Btw, congrats.

I don't know how you looked at it , "Principal" is a plain wrong word in this context...

Here are some examples....

1702374593389.png

1702374674969.png

1702374760420.png

1702374533558.png

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Mine is still in pending..
I am guessing it's because of 6 enquiries in the last 6 months..
There is no one to talk to also.
I have written to them 3 days back still waiting..
A strange had more than your (inquiry) but bank has approved his application and it was his first credit card I mean it was just a beginning of his credit card journey.

krishc

TF Ace
I'm having the similar situation.
Completed my application online on monday amd got application reference number, CIBIL hit and approval in principle.
Tuesday got call saying mail will come for vkyc
but no mail came.
since then no contact from them
I'm trying to check application status using their IVR but it's saying invalid application reference number
how to contact StanC customer care ?
two weeks now passed
no communication for kyc
even the mail I sent to customer care hasn't been replied to in due time
seems like will have to wait 30 days and use the RBI BO bamboo launcher

helloworld

TF Legend
okay , I missed that , may be due to the frustration of no communication.. I lost interest in this now ..

when you want to deal with StanC do note the following points :)

- Email responses takes a very long time to get simple response. My experience it matched with IndusInd level.
- Netbanking mailbox = didn't received single response in this year, earlier it was OK but now its like no one monitoring that.
- Last month, they used to say due to heavy rains in Chennai their service centers and application approvals impacted and it might take time, left the call by thinking seems like they have branches in Chennai only.
- They charge the fee (even during renewal) and if you're eligible for refund (either Joining fee waiver or spend requirement), you'll get only after 90 days (4th statement), it takes time and you'll feel that you paid the fee for next year also.

Interesting part here is:

suppose, they charge you 999 fee in Jan, they'll charge GST 118 in Feb statement. And then it takes another 90 days to receive the refund which is May statement.

= For me, it felt like half year

- All offers and promotions thankfully automatic, but if any issue you can't deal with them.
- Also, call to customer care (other thn Ultimate card and CC only relationship), you may verify as quick as possible but it defintely takes 5mins. just to hear 'press 9 to connect customer option', and then usual wait time etc. applicable to actual speak to anyone.

as a credit card only user, for me it seems like BOB (where people calls laziest service) is much better compared to IndusInd, StanC. You'll stop with aknowledgement mails without any response.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
when you want to deal with StanC do note the following points :)

- Email responses takes a very long time to get simple response. My experience it matched with IndusInd level.
- Netbanking mailbox = didn't received single response in this year, earlier it was OK but now its like no one monitoring that.
- Last month, they used to say due to heavy rains in Chennai their service centers and application approvals impacted and it might take time, left the call by thinking seems like they have branches in Chennai only.
- They charge the fee (even during renewal) and if you're eligible for refund (either Joining fee waiver or spend requirement), you'll get only after 90 days (4th statement), it takes time and you'll feel that you paid the fee for next year also.

Interesting part here is:

suppose, they charge you 999 fee in Jan, they'll charge GST 118 in Feb statement. And then it takes another 90 days to receive the refund which is May statement.

= For me, it felt like half year

- All offers and promotions thankfully automatic, but if any issue you can't deal with them.
- Also, call to customer care (if they have other thn Ultimate card and CC only relationship), you may verify as quick as possible but it defintely takes 5mins. just to hear 'press 9 to connect customer option', and then usual wait time etc. applicable to actual speak to anyone.

as a credit card only user, for me it seems like BOB (where people calls laziest service) is much better compared to IndusInd, StanC. You'll stop with aknowledgement mails without any response.
Thank you for the detailed reply..
So my loss of interest in this card is now justified..
I only wanted this card (smart) for any future govt transactions..
I already have IDFC wealth for this purpose.. but smart will be just a back up…
Thanks for your elaboration..
I normally like interacting with people.. that too very quickly..
I will pass Stan C for now

Rajeevbro

TF Buzz
Finally applied for smart credit card. Hopefully FYF as new to bank customer.

25th - Applied online, got approved in principle mesage on completion. Shared few more details and OTP online, Aadhar authentication and video kyc. Got cibil hit.

26th - Sent mail from official email id. Somehow, video kyc didn't get completed and again got link. So I completed it again. In evening, got video kyc approved message. Got mail saying card will be dispatched soon with MITC documents. One sms for sms banking. Another mail for Online statement registeration.

27th - Got temporary id and password. Got virtual card details, Card activated and did one transaction.

28th - Card delivered

Overall, seems pretty fast for me. No income documents, No physical kyc. Only 48 hours for approval and 72 hours for delivery.

I think this is fastest ever application across all banks from apply to delivery timeline.
I applied for SC smart card yesterday, I am done with all OTP verification and I got mail that my vkyc is done and approved. Got mail on my official email id from bank for verification of my official mail and asking for designation and date of joining. I replied that too. Yesterday itself.
But when today I go on SC website and checked the application status through their chat support, they said my application is rejected with some internal bank policies. When I was applying I mentioned I am salaried and my gross is 1.8L/month. Any idea what could go wrong or should I wait for their email response ? I didnt get any email stating my application is rejected till now. I checked with chat support only.
Any idea what should I do ?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I applied for SC smart card yesterday, I am done with all OTP verification and I got mail that my vkyc is done and approved. Got mail on my official email id from bank for verification of my official mail and asking for designation and date of joining. I replied that too. Yesterday itself.
But when today I go on SC website and checked the application status through their chat support, they said my application is rejected with some internal bank policies. When I was applying I mentioned I am salaried and my gross is 1.8L/month. Any idea what could go wrong or should I wait for their email response ? I didnt get any email stating my application is rejected till now. I checked with chat support only.
Any idea what should I do ?
No idea, I guess u can wait. It's not even 24 hrs for ur application 😂.