• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

Lightron

TF Buzz
I had a similar issue last month, applied for the card, got a call back by evening, VKYC etc was done immediately, even received acknowledgement mails for the same,they then asked me to send a mail from my work email ID which wasn't possible, so asked for my PF number. Post that no callback or mail has been received. It has been over a month now, but I have no clue if my application was rejected or accepted...

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
I had a similar issue last month, applied for the card, got a call back by evening, VKYC etc was done immediately, even received acknowledgement mails for the same,they then asked me to send a mail from my work email ID which wasn't possible, so asked for my PF number. Post that no callback or mail has been received. It has been over a month now, but I have no clue if my application was rejected or accepted...
just ask them on twitter, they will tell you status..
my guess is your application was rejected.

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Their support is quite bad and the cards do not offer any amazing rewards either, better to skip and move forward.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Finally applied for smart credit card. Hopefully FYF as new to bank customer.

25th - Applied online, got approved in principle mesage on completion. Shared few more details and OTP online, Aadhar authentication and video kyc. Got cibil hit.

26th - Sent mail from official email id. Somehow, video kyc didn't get completed and again got link. So I completed it again. In evening, got video kyc approved message. Got mail saying card will be dispatched soon with MITC documents. One sms for sms banking. Another mail for Online statement registeration.

27th - Got temporary id and password. Got virtual card details, Card activated and did one transaction.

28th - Card delivered

Overall, seems pretty fast for me. No income documents, No physical kyc. Only 48 hours for approval and 72 hours for delivery.

I think this is fastest ever application across all banks from apply to delivery timeline.

Last edited:

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
Finally applied for smart credit card. Hopefully FYF as new to bank customer.

25th - Applied online, got approved in principle mesage on completion. Shared few more details and OTP online, Aadhar authentication and video kyc. Got cibil hit.

26th - Sent mail from official email id. Somehow, video kyc didn't get completed and again got link. So I completed it again. In evening, got video kyc approved message. Got mail saying card will be dispatched soon with MITC documents. One sms for sms banking. Another mail for Online statement registeration.

Now waiting for delivery. Overall, seems pretty fast for me. No income documents, No physical kyc. Only 48 hours for approval.
What did they ask to send from official email id?

leonneel

TF Premier
I had been trying to get the card for more than 1 year.bavk then after applying they asked many questions and employment and all then said can't give it to u as it's for pvt ltd company employees only.. at last I got the card from pre approved offer on prime savings acct mab 2L

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
I had been trying to get the card for more than 1 year.bavk then after applying they asked many questions and employment and all then said can't give it to u as it's for pvt ltd company employees only.. at last I got the card from pre approved offer on prime savings acct mab 2L
You must be self employed, that's why they would've turned down your application.
How much time it took to get the pre approved offer?

krishc

TF Ace
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?
I'm having the similar situation.
Completed my application online on monday amd got application reference number, CIBIL hit and approval in principle.
Tuesday got call saying mail will come for vkyc
but no mail came.
since then no contact from them
I'm trying to check application status using their IVR but it's saying invalid application reference number
how to contact StanC customer care ?

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
I'm having the similar situation.
Completed my application online on monday amd got application reference number, CIBIL hit and approval in principle.
Tuesday got call saying mail will come for vkyc
but no mail came.
since then no contact from them
I'm trying to check application status using their IVR but it's saying invalid application reference number
how to contact StanC customer care ?
if you already done vkyc previously and got rejected for card, and now when you applied again they may or may not ask for vkyc..

when i applied for sc card again after rejection, submitted the application online, data verification on call and final submission and ekyc. after that i just got mail vkyc completed even though i didn't do anything and some days later got the card..

also to check application status just ask via chat support on sc website ( works only during banking hours), you can ask via twitter to but it's not accurate sometimes.

krishc

TF Ace
if you already done vkyc previously and got rejected for card, and now when you applied again they may or may not ask for vkyc..

when i applied for sc card again after rejection, submitted the application online, data verification on call and final submission and ekyc. after that i just got mail vkyc completed even though i didn't do anything and some days later got the card..

also to check application status just ask via chat support on sc website ( works only during banking hours), you can ask via twitter to but it's not accurate sometimes.
this is my first time interaction
with SCB

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,
Today, I applied for SC Smart Card and after the details were entered I got the following screen immediately and waiting for further steps...

1702305908043.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,
Today, I applied for SC Smart Card and after the details were entered I got the following screen immediately and waiting for further steps...

1702305908043.png

Irony is: SC being an English Bank.. they had written "Principal" instead of "principle" which have quite different meanings...

"Your Smart Credit Card application has been approved in Principal"" this is wrong.. in prinicple is right..

Last edited:
Irony is: S C being an English Bank.. they had written "Principal" instead of "principle" which have quite different meaning...

"Your Smart Credit Card application has been approved in Principal"" this is wrong.. in prinicple is right..
@S S V Please refer this thread.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge