• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Where can I access chat support on their website?
look at here, for this crap...
they say " we are happy to inform you that your card is approved successfully . and wait for 10 days for the receipt of the same" .. this is even with out VKYC.. what a pity!!!

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
look at here, for this crap...
they say " we are happy to inform you that your card is approved successfully . and wait for 10 days for the receipt of the same" .. this is even with out VKYC.. what a pity!!!

lol, everything was done for me and I got we regret to inform you 😂

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If you get it, then it would be quite clear that no of enquiries are less of a factor and maybe employer is a big factor. I work for a niche start up, probably that's why.
I don't think I will get it now, as haven't heard back from them since I wrote to them ..
Enquiries do play a role I believe...
May be these guys are also playing "inky pinky ponky" to pick the successful application...

BTW. I tool now work for one of my friends startup (5 years old though) ..

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
BTW. I tool now work for one of my friends startup (5 years old though)
Literally my situation. Friend is a college senior, he used to work as my manager at a previous job, was promoted but he declined it and used it to get a much better pay at other firm. Pandemic hit, offer was rescinded. He started his own firm, I left my job due to a better offer from a European company as consultant. The firm we both used to work for got acquired by some other company and I was supposed to join that company in September. My senior essentially poached me from them.

Reactions: SSV