• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

paresh22

TF Ace
Those who have been approved a Standard Chartered credit card recently... Can you please check your application approval email regarding MITC documents? Have you got a general MITC PDF which contains charges or all credit cards or is it a specific MITC applicable to your credit card?
I got nov 23 version which is general MITC containing charges for all sc credit cards.

I got nov 23 version which is general MITC containing charges for all sc credit cards.
I had applied for Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card under LTF banner through the official website but on call with the customer care executive, I was informed that it is a chargeable credit card. SC had sent me a general MITC with November edition which doesn't specifically mentions about the charges applicable on my credit card. I have also sent an email to PNO a week back regarding the charges but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Rajeevbro

TF Buzz
I had applied for Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card under LTF banner through the official website but on call with the customer care executive, I was informed that it is a chargeable credit card. SC had sent me a general MITC with November edition which doesn't specifically mentions about the charges applicable on my credit card. I have also sent an email to PNO a week back regarding the charges but haven't heard anything from them yet.
So did you get any charges in billing cycle?

paresh22

TF Ace
I received my first sc credit card, Smart cc this week only. This should be FYF as per their website page and it's particular mitc pdf available on that webpage. I also sent normal customer care email to confirm me FYF status.

I received my first sc credit card, Smart cc this week only. This should be FYF as per their website page and it's particular mitc pdf available on that webpage. I also sent normal customer care email to confirm me FYF status.
So far the customer service from Standard Chartered Bank has been very underwhelming. Didn't expected services like this from a foreign bank.

krishc

TF Ace
Thanks It worked for me and got my card unblocked.

I have one question. I applied through cashkaro where I got 2500 Rs. as cashkaro bonus, but over there it's mentioned it will be first year free. When I confirmed it over call with customer care, she said it not first year free as per our system and you will be charged 499+GST in next billing cycle.
Now in this case with whom I should connect??
Hi
Since you applied through CashKaro and got thw reward
can you share your kyc experience after applying
I have applied through CashKaro and so far it's been an ordeal

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Hi
Generally banks don't like application from these websites. They have to pay huge amount to them. First few applications are approved as per their partnership after that they simply rejects.

It's seems like bank is not interested in your application. seems like they rejected your application. As SCB lacks at technology so it's not UPDATED.

Rajeevbro

TF Buzz
Hi

Hi
For me, everything went smoothly. Since the day i apply to card to the delivered card date, everything done within 5-6 days.

krishc

TF Ace
Generally banks don't like application from these websites. They have to pay huge amount to them. First few applications are approved as per their partnership after that they simply rejects.

It's seems like bank is not interested in your application. seems like they rejected your application. As SCB lacks at technology so it's not UPDATED.
actually they didn't reject
they called me after more than 2 weeks to confirm few details and proceed with kyc, saying they couldn't do it due to some technical glitch etc
and the agent made mistakes on items that I'd filled correctly
I'm worried they're trying to game it to somehow avoid paying CashKaro rewards
similar thing happened with HSBC but they actually paid up the reward (even though I was ETB customer of them)
not sure what SC would do (even though I'm completely NTB for them) 😶

krishc

TF Ace
StanC seems to have forgotten to dispatch my credit card
I've received everything except the plastic card itself and no dispatch message from either StanC or courier even after so many days
I can even do txn online if I want to (although won't activate until I get in hand and confirm FYF)

StanC seems to have forgotten to dispatch my credit card
I've received everything except the plastic card itself and no dispatch message from either StanC or courier even after so many days
I can even do txn online if I want to (although won't activate until I get in hand and confirm FYF)
StanC doesn't sends dispatch details through SMS/Email. You will get SMS from Bluedart directly when your credit card is out for delivery.

harmonizer97

TF Buzz
I applied for SC Smart on 10th Jan, received the physical card on 16th.

Just checked my CIBIL report and found two enquiries done by SCB on 10th. What should be my next steps to get one of them removed?

helloworld

TF Legend
I applied for SC Smart on 10th Jan, received the physical card on 16th.

Just checked my CIBIL report and found two enquiries done by SCB on 10th. What should be my next steps to get one of them removed?

have an extreme patience, drop a mail and get the approval.

need extreme patience because SC is slow, like way snail like slow, its way slower than that sometimes.

Your mail, no one replied so need follow-up, even replied but with bot response and 2nd time no reply, even confirmed saying removal of enquiry but it may not happen in 90 days. Again have to followup and do the same process and got the response saying working on it..

Even ombudsman complaint can take 60 days to get call or response from SC.

It took me 1 month to get the approval of removing extra enquiry and 9 months to actually removing that enquiry. And 70 days to process ombudsman complaint.

So, if ok you can proceed. Btw, just drop a mail to them and see how fast they're responding.

KLB@96

TF Premier
Hello, I applied for ease my trip card on jan 9th and received card on 14th jan. I see they made two CIBIL hits. How do I get them removed ? Can someone share escalation email for the same ?