• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard chartered not processing CC because of single name

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
All my proofs (PAN, Aadhaar) have my first name only and no initial or no last name.

I have cards from >7 banks, no bank has ever refused to process an application just because of single name in my proofs. I usually apply with my initial in the application and I did the same with SC as well.

An agent helped me file this application couple of weeks ago and they told me this was the reason why the application isn't being processed despite having pre-approved offer based on my CIBIL profile.

I wrote to their twitter support, and all they can say was, "Our team is working on this issue and will get back to you."

I wrote to their Nodal office and they told me this is a thing in their bank and this has happened with other customers too (Implying I will face the same result). I reiterated that my application has an initial and its only the proof that have single names, they said they will check with their backend team again.

But I'm not hopeful the nodal office team can resolve it. What can I do here? Can RBI help?

Gaara

TF Ace
All my proofs (PAN, Aadhaar) have my first name only and no initial or no last name.

I have cards from >7 banks, no bank has ever refused to process an application just because of single name in my proofs. I usually apply with my initial in the application and I did the same with SC as well.

An agent helped me file this application couple of weeks ago and they told me this was the reason why the application isn't being processed despite having pre-approved offer based on my CIBIL profile.

I wrote to their twitter support, and all they can say was, "Our team is working on this issue and will get back to you."

I wrote to their Nodal office and they told me this is a thing in their bank and this has happened with other customers too (Implying I will face the same result). I reiterated that my application has an initial and its only the proof that have single names, they said they will check with their backend team again.

But I'm not hopeful the nodal office team can resolve it. What can I do here? Can RBI help?
Hey, this is not the answer to your question.
I want to ask you how you got PAN with single name?
My friend's name is "Lalith BM" we got instant pan card but to get physical pan they are not allowing "BM" but all the certificates have name as "Lalith BM"
Even CC of NSDL said they can't process the application with that we have to change name in Adhar and try. Any suggestions regarding this?

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey, this is not the answer to your question.
I want to ask you how you got PAN with single name?
My friend's name is "Lalith BM" we got instant pan card but to get physical pan they are not allowing "BM" but all the certificates have name as "Lalith BM"
Even CC of NSDL said they can't process the application with that we have to change name in Adhar and try. Any suggestions regarding this?
My aadhar has only my first name, I applied for pan directly via my Aadhaar, so I got the first name only

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
I am also having this same issue. Single name people are not respected in this society:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Pan Card can have single name if you apply offline or directly with aadhaar card. Although i had a surname once before 10th class😂 but after 10th marksheet it updated with my first name only and now facing the issues due to it.

Banks should allow a column of full name instead of first name and last name and last name should not be mandatory.
I will advise you to apply via offline mode if you can find any agent. I too face many issues and give my last name too in the application now later it is in the minds of backend team, if the are obliged for last name use it and if they are obliged for my Aadhaar then don't use it. They mostly update my profile only with first name. Some add my last name with " dot" or With only one letter of my Surname i don't have any issues in that.

Gaara

TF Ace
I am also having this same issue. Single name people are not respected in this society:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Pan Card can have single name if you apply offline or directly with aadhaar card. Although i had a surname once before 10th class😂 but after 10th marksheet it updated with my first name only and now facing the issues due to it.

Banks should allow a column of full name instead of first name and last name and last name should not be mandatory.
I will advise you to apply via offline mode if you can find any agent. I too face many issues and give my last name too in the application now later it is in the minds of backend team, if the are obliged for last name use it and if they are obliged for my Aadhaar then don't use it. They mostly update my profile only with first name. Some add my last name with " dot" or With only one letter of my Surname i don't have any issues in that.
Agents were not able get us PAN, we went to NSDL office and even called CC NSDL.
All they said is change your name in Adhar or forget Physical PAN. 😹 😹

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
Agents were not able get us PAN, we went to NSDL office and even called CC NSDL.
All they said is change your name in Adhar or forget Physical PAN. 😹 😹
Absolutely, you can have Physical PAN, I am having Physical Pan Card with only single name.
For that you have to look for near by shop who apply pan card and he can order Physical One for you with some mere fees.
NSDL can't help you in that.

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier

Just mail PNO that process my application or i have to raise this concern to RBI Ombudsman.

They might solve this or will solve this later after complain but yess they will solve this.😅

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just mail PNO that process my application or i have to raise this concern to RBI Ombudsman.

They might solve this or will solve this later after complain but yess they will solve this.😅
I have already mailed their PNO team last week about processing issue, they called me and they told me they will check with their backend team.

I will have no other option than to go to Ombudsman, if they don't resolve my issue.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have already mailed their PNO team last week about processing issue, they called me and they told me they will check with their backend team.

I will have no other option than to go to Ombudsman, if they don't resolve my issue.
Did you tell the same to Stan C guys about you going to RBI ombudsman?? If not , do so and proceed with your complaint ; in case it is still not resolved

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Did you tell the same to Stan C guys about you going to RBI ombudsman?? If not , do so and proceed with your complaint ; in case it is still not resolved
They have not yet replied to the mail I have sent them... I'll send a follow-up mail asking the status and also will add this to the mail, thanks.
Meanwhile two different agents called me and told me this is the bank's policy and your card will not be processed.

deep@vie

TF Legend
They have not yet replied to the mail I have sent them... I'll send a follow-up mail asking the status and also will add this to the mail, thanks.
Meanwhile two different agents called me and told me this is the bank's policy and your card will not be processed.
StanC & AU doesn't proceed with single names,one has to have a relationship with the bank in order to fetch a card.