• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Simple way to complete Amex Milestones etc?

baran12

TF Buzz
Since Amex has a low acceptability and I saw people buying amazon gift cards, I randomly searched if Amazon Pay Balance can be used in UPI transactions.

It seems yes, amazon pay balance can be used to scan ay QR codes to make payments. So this is a clear cut way to complete payments and earn Amex points?

Like earn points for buying amazon gift cards and then use that money at small shops, restaurants, petrol pumps etc. Is it this easy or am i missing anything here?

baran12

TF Buzz
Thanks man, I didn't knew that.

Can we use it to pay advance income tax and NPS? Will I incur any additional cost? I've MRCC. Will I get RP or will it atleast help achieve 20k monthly milestone RP benefit or yearly benefit?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can we use it to pay advance income tax and NPS? Will I incur any additional cost? I've MRCC. Will I get RP or will it atleast help achieve 20k monthly milestone RP benefit or yearly benefit?
Not sure about additional cost.. Probably whatever the gateway costs that are apllied, will be the same for Amex...
About RP, regular RPs in some govt expenses won't fetch.. but I believe in your case my guess is they will earn ..
About 20K milestone definitley counts..
The below is the official list where ou won't earn regular RP..

1696793750033.png

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

You can use mrcc for NPS. I paid last two months. for 5k i have to pay ~45 extra.
In Sept - I got normal reward points + 2k for monthly milestones
In Oct - did not got rewards points but got 2k for milestones.
Will try again in Nov.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any link where I can learn about all the Plat travel card benefits and how to maximise the returns using that? I got it yesterday FYF, but I have no idea how to use it :p

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Check this

And try searching the forum.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,
— This is For those who don’t know about time zone issue of Amex transactions..

I have done two 1.5k transactions on Oct 1 at 1:00 am IST and rest of two on 2/10 for my MRCC..

Issue :No automatic award of 1k bonus points

I didn’t get bonus 1k points as the first two transactions were dated on 30/09 in Amex books according to the US time zone..

Resolution : Contact CC and manually raise a request

For this, we need to manually raise the issue and it took 3 days for me get the bonus points..
So , be mindful of this issue…

Last edited:

harsh1387

TF Ace
Guys,

I have done two 1.5k transactions on Oct 1 at 1:00 am IST and rest of two on 2/10 for my MRCC..

I didn’t get bonus 1k points as the first two transactions were dated on 30/09 in Amex books according to the US time zone..

For this, we need to manually raise the issue and it took 3 days for me get the bonus points..
You were in a hurry to complete the first monthly milestone 😉

Guys,

So what is the cut off time for month end transactions?

Reactions: SSV

rogerthat

TF Ace

You can use Apay GV balance on a number of third party websites for payment, Uber being the most frequently used (you also get 5% cashback). I once bought a Samsung microwave from their website using Amazon Pay GV balance.

Reactions: SSV