• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC to Plat travel upgrade offer

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello folks,

I’m getting an upgrade offer to Amex plat travel. I currently hold MRCC and was planning to surrender this card due to very low acceptance in offline spending at least in my locality.

Also the reward was not very good apart from the usual 18k or 24k collection. I prefer to use yes marquee or SBI cash back for any online purchase as they give better rewards.

Will it make any sense to upgrade to Plat Travel?

They are also offering 2000 Amazon GV and 10000 MR points on top of this.

IMG_7071.jpeg

Solution
Decide based on your spending pattern. If you are not likely to spend 4L, then do not opt. Relatively speaking, it's easy to spend 1.5L on MRCC and get fee total waiver. I too preferred to stay with MRCC and use Axis Airtel/Ace and SBI CB for offline expenses. All Amazon expenses met thru ICICI Amazon. So, did not find AmEx uphrades not so very compelling.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
That's 5000 value free.
what's the joining fee and annual fee?
Joining 3.5
Annual 5

But I didn’t find any suitable value for me from this card. For MRCC, at least I can leverage the 1500*4 spend criteria to get around 7% reward. However, that also mostly gets erased off thanks to high annual fee.

Last year I managed to waive off 50% of annual fee by requesting them. I intended to use this card for offline spends but unfortunately most of the merchants don’t even accept AMEX

Decide based on your spending pattern. If you are not likely to spend 4L, then do not opt. Relatively speaking, it's easy to spend 1.5L on MRCC and get fee total waiver. I too preferred to stay with MRCC and use Axis Airtel/Ace and SBI CB for offline expenses. All Amazon expenses met thru ICICI Amazon. So, did not find AmEx uphrades not so very compelling.

Solution

drsel

TF Legend
Apply for gold charge card also.
First year free through referral link

then you can spend 6x 1000 and 4x 1500 every month buying Amazon pay vouchers on the Amex rewards portal

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hello folks,

I’m getting an upgrade offer to Amex plat travel. I currently hold MRCC and was planning to surrender this card due to very low acceptance in offline spending at least in my locality.

Also the reward was not very good apart from the usual 18k or 24k collection. I prefer to use yes marquee or SBI cash back for any online purchase as they give better rewards.

IMG_7071.jpeg
Like you said joining 3.5 and annual 5k make little sense cause you won't able to spend using this card offline and yes marquee is a better card offline due to card network. Don't take and even I never took the upgrade either. Just apply through someone else referral link in the future if it make sense then.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Like you said joining 3.5 and annual 5k make little sense cause you won't able to spend using this card offline and yes marquee is a better card offline due to card network. Don't take and even I never took the upgrade either. Just apply through someone else referral link in the future if it make sense then.
If I’m an existing AMEX card holder, can I still apply for a different AMEX card through referral ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello folks,

IMG_7071.jpeg
Very simple..
When you are finding it to justify holding a MRCC there is no case of even thinking of holding a Plat Travel even in dreams…
Just leave the idea and don’t manufacture spends..
Live a happy life..

Last edited:

bug_88

TF Buzz
Hi
I have an offtopic question
Is any one able to Amazon pay gift cards from rewards multiplier platform?

I tried today and it's not showing Amazon pay GV.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi
I have an offtopic question
Is any one able to Amazon pay gift cards from rewards multiplier platform?

I tried today and it's not showing Amazon pay GV.
Yes, I purchased Amazon GV from RM platform and added those in Amazon without any issue. Got additional MR points as well as expected

bug_88

TF Buzz
These are the only options I am able to see on the multiplier right now.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_114545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_114545_Chrome.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 11