• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Plat Travel Upgrade Offered

baran12

TF Buzz
Hey Guys,

Just received an email from amex to upgrade to plat. travel from mrcc. Upon upgrading i get some gift, 10k points I guess as it says so as welcome gift and 1k amazon voucher. First year fee is 3.5k and then 5k as next year.

Should I upgrade? I see monthly expenses being around 25-50k for 9-10 months our of 12 in a year. Spread across restaurant payments, zomato/swiggy, online portals. I used to make use of 1500*4 amazon gv atleast on mrcc till december last year but didn't have any significant spends on amazon so stopped that for now until i have planned purchases via amazon.

Confused if i should be upgrading? Or applying tbrough someone else's referral is a better idea at first year free and then fees from 2nd year.

My mrcc has a 100% fee waiver if i spend 1.5L in a year. And 50% if i spend 90k.

1k fees for mrcc as first year and 4.5k from 2nd year? Seems too expensive in 2nd year if incase I don't spend that much on this card. Then wouldn't i be better off upgrading to plat. Travel and pay 5k in fees plus i get lounge benefits as well.

Can mrcc be companion to plat. Travel? If yes then as of this offer applicable until tomorrow, should i upgrade to plat travel considering the welcome benefits and then apply again for mrcc as companion? Or should i apply for plat travel separately and ask amex to keep my mrcc as companion?

Like i have fee waiver in mrcc as stated above? Does plat travel offer spend based fee waiver?

gg123

TF Premier
I have the same setup but my points are not getting pooled together, when I checked with customer care, they said they have stopped this facility.

It seems I am missing the Gold Card. I have only Plat Travel and MRCC and my points are calculated seperately
I have gold and plat travel. ~19k points earned via gold. and ~5.5k earned via plat travel. I can redeem 24k GOLD collection.

Riya

TF Ace
Hey Guys,

Just received an email from amex to upgrade to plat. travel from mrcc. Upon upgrading i get some gift, 10k points I guess as it says so as welcome gift and 1k amazon voucher. First year fee is 3.5k and then 5k as next year.

Should I upgrade? I see monthly expenses being around 25-50k for 9-10 months our of 12 in a year. Spread across restaurant payments, zomato/swiggy, online portals. I used to make use of 1500*4 amazon gv atleast on mrcc till december last year but didn't have any significant spends on amazon so stopped that for now until i have planned purchases via amazon.

Confused if i should be upgrading? Or applying tbrough someone else's referral is a better idea at first year free and then fees from 2nd year.

My mrcc has a 100% fee waiver if i spend 1.5L in a year. And 50% if i spend 90k.

1k fees for mrcc as first year and 4.5k from 2nd year? Seems too expensive in 2nd year if incase I don't spend that much on this card. Then wouldn't i be better off upgrading to plat. Travel and pay 5k in fees plus i get lounge benefits as well.

Can mrcc be companion to plat. Travel? If yes then as of this offer applicable until tomorrow, should i upgrade to plat travel considering the welcome benefits and then apply again for mrcc as companion? Or should i apply for plat travel separately and ask amex to keep my mrcc as companion?

Like i have fee waiver in mrcc as stated above? Does plat travel offer spend based fee waiver?
I suppose almost everyone with amex lower variant card is being offered platinum travel card... For part 5 months every month my mailbox is flooded with offer stating LAST CHANCE TO UPGRADE