• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Smart Card -90 Days Free Interest Period

John Wick

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It’s only for first 90 days from card issued date
Hidden charges not sure about so in my opinion better to avoid if not required genuinely
Fully correct it’s a cheap trick don’t fall initially they might not charge anything for 90 days but they are making you lazy by doing so and once you fall in set trap heavy charges may be levied later. Better to skip such false attractions and always pay your dues in full

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I'm on the second month right now (only paid MAD). No charges yet. Will pay it off soon. Don't want to incur any charges.
So do we need to pay total amount due from fourth statement or third statement onwards?
As other members mentioned it is to make the customer lazy and forget about the dues, in which case you may need to pay the interest from the day1 itself for the unpaid dues..
Which will be for 90+ delayed days..
I don't know the exact terms, but it could be the case...
Be careful..

Adwait

TF Select
As other members mentioned it is to make the customer lazy and forget about the dues, in which case you may need to pay the interest from the day1 itself for the unpaid dues..
Be careful..
Yes I know the consequences just got the card so out of curiosity wanted to know.

Reactions: SSV

deep@vie

TF Legend
Be careful..
Yes, once passed due date, interest will be charged from the date of transaction,could be upto 135 days not just 90.
Another thing how many will be able to pay 3-4months due at once.
It's human psychology, people think they have the time to pay so they overspend credit card.
If in normal case of 30 to 45 days, bank is making money, chances to making money on 90 days is much more.

suhasa010

TF Premier
Be careful..
I paid at the end of second month itself just to be safe. But yes, I 100% agree, it's slightly confusing and bound to make you miss a payment and affect your credit score.

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It's not 90 days but 3 statement cycles based on the example in any of the statements.

So for the first 3 statements I only paid the min amount. In the 4th statement, cleared off the entire amount.

No charges/interest were levied to my account/statement.

deep@vie

TF Legend
It's not 90 days but 3 statement cycles based on the example in any of the statements.

So for the first 3 statements I only paid the min amount. In the 4th statement, cleared off the entire amount.

No charges/interest were levied to my account/statement.
Yeah you're right,but rational behind this scheme, customer generally overspends thinking I have time to rupay then when time arrives they become clueless,either defaults or convert it to EMIs. That's business for bank.
The same psychology the whole credit card system relies on.

aksden

TF Buzz
Can anyone comment on the 90dqys interest free period offered by smart card Screenshot_2023-05-10-17-32-21-71_b73d025e34d3569bf7e97abab31af632.jpg
I have a query specific to 90 days interest free period on standard chattereed snart credit card .Suppose ! spent 50k in first month 1k in second month 2k in third month. And by paying MAD which is 5% it would be 2500for 1st month nd 50 for second month 100 for third month the 4th month bill whs 50k +1k+2k- (2500+50+100) = 50350 or I should pay 53000

deep@vie

TF Legend
I have a query specific to 90 days interest free period on standard chattereed snart credit card .Suppose ! spent 50k in first month 1k in second month 2k in third month. And by paying MAD which is 5% it would be 2500for 1st month nd 50 for second month 100 for third month the 4th month bill whs 50k +1k+2k- (2500+50+100) = 50350 or I should pay 53000
50350. . .

rogerthat

TF Ace
Yeah same here. I paid off the entire amount in the 4th month calculating in the second method and now I have a credit balance of Rs.530 on the card.