• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Thinking of downgrading SC Ultimate

Hi guys

I got the SC ultimate card around 11 months ago. Since the renewal fee will be charged in a few weeks, I am thinking whether I should keep this card. I am not happy with the current rewards catalogue. The only voucher that I can use is Uber and that may be removed in the future as well.

I already have LTF DCB, which is my major driver and hence was only planning to use this card for tax payments. So, I am thinking of downgrading to SC Smart card, since it will give 2% direct cashback - same as SC Ultimate. I do not have any issues with SC Smart's cap of 1000 rupees on cashback. Will SC allow the downgrade or should I just close the card? Is there any better option in general and for tax payments ? The cards I currently hold are:

• DCB (LTF)
  • Tata Neu Infinity (LTF)
  • Axis MyZone (LTF)
  • ICICI Amazon pay (LTF)
  • SBI SimplyClick (500 + GST)
  • IndusInd Legend (LTF)
  • HSBC Premier (LTF)

i applied a offer which give me 350 as a cashback when add a money from cc.
it is when they were charging me double but when i remove the offer there is a single charge. 😢.
Paytm game khel rha hain

Screenshot_20231027_114630.jpg

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
i applied a offer which give me 350 as a cashback when add a money from cc.
it is when they were charging me double but when i remove the offer there is a single charge. 😢.
Paytm game khel rha hain

Screenshot_20231027_114630.jpg
I never had to pay for loading payzapp wallet with SC ultimate. loaded last week as well. Is this something newly added?

jk51

TF Premier
I try to add 15000 to paytm wallet.
15000 -> 15352.5 (352.5 convenience fees) -> on payment pages it shows 15705 (double charges)
did anyone noticed this?
This is usually the case if one has transferred previously from wallet to bank. Loading charges in that case touches to 4.65% across any credit card. Takes about a month or two of inactivity for it to cool down and revert to old charges.

jk51

TF Premier
Hi guys

I got the SC ultimate card around 11 months ago. Since the renewal fee will be charged in a few weeks, I am thinking whether I should keep this card. I am not happy with the current rewards catalogue. The only voucher that I can use is Uber and that may be removed in the future as well.

I already have LTF DCB, which is my major driver and hence was only planning to use this card for tax payments. So, I am thinking of downgrading to SC Smart card, since it will give 2% direct cashback - same as SC Ultimate. I do not have any issues with SC Smart's cap of 1000 rupees on cashback. Will SC allow the downgrade or should I just close the card? Is there any better option in general and for tax payments ? The cards I currently hold are:

• DCB (LTF)
  • Axis MyZone (LTF)
  • ICICI Amazon pay (LTF)
  • IndusInd Legend (LTF)
  • HSBC Premier (LTF)
Same here renewal is in next month so was in same dilemma. However based on my experience and use case have decided to keep the same as nothing compares to this card when is comes to heavy offline spends (and for people who are not into travel). Had a medical situation at home wherein had to incur significant expenses along with continued post surgical care. This helped a lot then with 3.33% value (can at least consider 3% if one puts a discount of 10% on existing voucher redemption options). Had used this card for shopping for a social function last year that time as well reaped its benefits. For me till the time it offers renewal benefit against fees paid its good to go.

Same here renewal is in next month so was in same dilemma. However based on my experience and use case have decided to keep the same as nothing compares to this card when is comes to heavy offline spends (and for people who are not into travel). Had a medical situation at home wherein had to incur significant expenses along with continued post surgical care. This helped a lot then with 3.33% value (can at least consider 3% if one puts a discount of 10% on existing voucher redemption options). Had used this card for shopping for a social function last year that time as well reaped its benefits. For me till the time it offers renewal benefit against fees paid its good to go.
where are you spending those points?

Hi guys

• DCB (LTF)
  • Axis MyZone (LTF)
  • ICICI Amazon pay (LTF)
  • IndusInd Legend (LTF)
  • HSBC Premier (LTF)
Closed my SCB Ultimate last month itself before renewal due to same reason of poor redemption option.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I added 15000 to paytm here is summary
15000 + 352.5 (convenience fee) = 15352.5 (in statement)
RP earned = 307
Yes Unfortunately, Paytm wallet loads takes and Utilities MCC and gives only 2% rewards. It should be 3.3% ideally.

In this case however, you could have used Paytm wallet loads offer which gives around 1.5% cashback in the form of scratchcard

Yes Unfortunately, Paytm wallet loads takes and Utilities MCC and gives only 2% rewards. It should be 3.3% ideally.

In this case however, you could have used Paytm wallet loads offer which gives around 1.5% cashback in the form of scratchcard

yeah, next time I will be cautious, I don't know what to do with this card, close it or keep it. I am skeptical only UBER is keeping me on this card.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Hi guys

• DCB (LTF)
  • Axis MyZone (LTF)
  • ICICI Amazon pay (LTF)
  • IndusInd Legend (LTF)
  • HSBC Premier (LTF)
You can down grade it there wont be any issue of applying directly. Call care and ask them to swap it. They will do it.