• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Smart Cashback Query

Rohan

TF Premier
Hello community!!

Can anyone clarify SC smart cashback related query..

Do we earn cashback per statement like Ace?? or Monthly (Like transactions are calculated from 1st of every till end of the month)

In website (Get 2%* cashback on all your Online spends, up to a maximum of Rs 1000 per month.) but not sure is it for real!

anurag3753

TF Buzz
I am new to the forum, but based on the inputs from the forum and the technofino youtube channel of the forum. I added multiple credit cards in my portfolio.
However, for SC smart credit card, I followed the below process for rent payment on 5th Jan:
- I created account on redgirafee and add it as a biller in my SC bill payment portal
- Later, I paid the bill using my SC credit card

However, I did not received cashback of 2% for the same. I have also paid electricity bill using the same process and have already received the cashback for it.

As per this thread, as well as the youtube video suggestion from the community folks, I should receive cashback.
Can anyone help me, what am I missing here ?

leonneel

TF Premier
I am new to the forum, but based on the inputs from the forum and the technofino youtube channel of the forum. I added multiple credit cards in my portfolio.
However, for SC smart credit card, I followed the below process for rent payment on 5th Jan:
- I created account on redgirafee and add it as a biller in my SC bill payment portal

However, I did not received cashback of 2% for the same. I have also paid electricity bill using the same process and have already received the cashback for it.

As per this thread, as well as the youtube video suggestion from the community folks, I should receive cashback.
Just remember if rent mcc comes u will be charged 1% + gst extra

leonneel

TF Premier
I figured it out. Cashback will credited month to month, not statement to statement.

Thanks! ppl.
Yes that is correct.... U can even get 2000 cashback in a single statement. Cashback counts calendar month to calender month.. for example if ur txn settles before 31st Jan u can get another 1000 rs cb for txn done one 1st Feb.

Took a while to know this. Other banks cards cb counts cards statement cycle month but sc plays different

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Q: Are there any exclusions in 2% cashback on Online transactions?
A: Please note that for Bill Payments through Billdesk or StanChart Bill Pay, only transactions on Billers registered under the following categories will be eligible for cashback:

Telecom
Utilities (Electricity, Water, Gas)

Better to use apps like snapay and simply do a credit card to bank transaction at 1.18% fee. SC won't charge 1%+gst extra, as it will come under utility mcc.

Or, u can load to payzapp wallet first and then pay via redgiraffe at 0.48%

anurag3753

TF Buzz
Q: Are there any exclusions in 2% cashback on Online transactions?
A: Please note that for Bill Payments through Billdesk or StanChart Bill Pay, only transactions on Billers registered under the following categories will be eligible for cashback:

Telecom
Utilities (Electricity, Water, Gas)

Better to use apps like snapay and simply do a credit card to bank transaction at 1.18% fee. SC won't charge 1%+gst extra, as it will come under utility mcc.

Or, u can load to payzapp wallet first and then pay via redgiraffe at 0.48%
Can I also try like below:
- Make Rent payment from payzapp using SC smart credit card.
- And since under payzapp rent is mentioned under utilities, will this work ?

Any thoughts/feedback ?

sv004

TF Premier

U get cashback for wallet load but not rent payment . Its clearly mentioned on website

anurag3753

TF Buzz
U get cashback for wallet load but not rent payment . Its clearly mentioned on website

Refer this viedo from community folks, 5:42 timeline. There we discusses about rent payment using this credit card and have effective cashback at 0.82%.
However, I am not able to get the cachback. What am i missing ?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is there a way to get SC smart card FYF? I know this is applicable for new customers, but I already have SC Ultimate and need this card as FYF. Has anyone managed to get this FYF or even LTF?

helloworld

TF Legend
Is there a way to get SC smart card FYF? I know this is applicable for new customers, but I already have SC Ultimate and need this card as FYF. Has anyone managed to get this FYF or even LTF?

As long as you hold you can get fee waiver request for other card (upto 1000 easy), so based on that mostly you can get fee waiver but not FYF.

helloworld

TF Legend
So you are saying, with combo of SC ultimate and SC smart, I can ask for fee waiver on SC smart? or SC Ultimate upto 1K?

nothing for ultimate, that you have to pay full 5900 fee (atleast for me no offer).

what I meant for 1K is for SC cards upto 1K annual fee can get waiver if we convey or say them "along with ultimate, I couldn't spend much on this card etc.". This I guessed because they're agreed with my Manhattan card which is 999 annual fee (Only rewards card exist with more fee but that is not completed 1 year, so except that all cards under 1K in SC, so it will mostly work).