• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation SBI Cashback credit card major devaluation wef 1st may 2023 | No more 10k cashback

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Greetings everyone,

SBI Card has recently announced significant alterations to its cashback credit card benefits effective from 1st may, 2023
The changes are as follows:

1. There will be no cashback available for the subsequent categories: Jewelry, School and Educational Fees, Utilities, Insurance, Railway, Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops and Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash.

2. The maximum cashback for both online and offline expenditures will be limited to Rs. 5000 per statement cycle.

3. There will be no free access to domestic airport lounges.

IMG-20230331-WA0024.jpg

In my view, these changes imply that SBI Card intends to prompt cashback cardholders to cancel their cards. It seems like they have effectively rendered the card useless. There is no incentive to hold onto this piece of plastic while paying an annual fee of Rs. 1000.

PDF Link (official) -
https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/tnc/tnc-Cashback-Card-Revision.pdf
sooo many exclusions!! bacha kya fir? xD

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Greetings everyone,

SBI Card has recently announced significant alterations to its cashback credit card benefits effective from 1st may, 2023

1. There will be no cashback available for the subsequent categories:
1. Jewelry
2. School and Educational Fees
3. Utilities
4. Insurance
5. Railway
6. Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops (Gift Cards, PPI etc)
7. Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash.

2. The maximum cashback for both online and offline expenditures will be limited to Rs. 5000 per statement cycle.

IMG-20230331-WA0024.jpg

In my view, these changes imply that SBI Card intends to prompt cashback cardholders to cancel their cards. It seems like they have effectively rendered the card useless. There is no incentive to hold onto this piece of plastic while paying an annual fee of Rs. 1000.

PDF Link (official) -
https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/tnc/tnc-Cashback-Card-Revision.pdf
wtf utilities removed hahahah

Mritunjay

TF Premier
I think it is still useful, need to spend 2 lacs and the annual fee will be waived, just need to find MCCs which still give 5% back.

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With recent trends of lower CL (20k-30K) and this devaluation. Nobody will be interested in this card post 1st May.

Those who are already holding can cancel before the card anniversary, thats what I am going to do anyway.

Seriously in my opinion, this card is still worthy comparison to Amazon pay ICICI and Axis Flipkart card.
Removing the 1% CB from Insurance, Gift cards, Educational payments, Utilities ans railway is a considerable blow to the cards benefits.
But limiting the statement cycle cashback to 5000 rs is not a very big thing. Bcoz not more than 10% of card holders is gonna buy 1 lakh rupees of goods from online every month consistently.

Regarding Removing Lounge access should have been avoided. However may be SBI thinks to boost it's other cards like PRIME by removing Lounge access for this card.

r_raghu

TF Buzz
So we wont get 5% cashback on Apay voucher from gyftr anymore? But we can still get it from directly purchasing from Amazon , right ?
What's the limit for buying Amazon GVs from Amazon and Gfytr in a day/month? I hope GVs from Amazon will still give the CB or else I am going to close this card near to the yearly fee payment.

Dhruvkumar

TF Buzz
Greetings everyone,

1. There will be no cashback available for the subsequent categories:
1. Jewelry
2. School and Educational Fees
3. Utilities
4. Insurance
5. Railway
6. Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops (Gift Cards, PPI etc)
7. Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash.

IMG-20230331-WA0024.jpg

PDF Link (official) -
Maybe I'm missing something. Yes I bought good amount of vouchers and I wish party would be continued but it'll still give me 5% CB on most sites for goods. Now I raraly go above 1 lac in month so I don't have magnus. So why this card is become bad. Annual fees will get waived at 2 lacs which is easy for me

akshayhs

TF Ace
Maybe I'm missing something. Yes I bought good amount of vouchers and I wish party would be continued but it'll still give me 5% CB on most sites for goods. Now I raraly go above 1 lac in month so I don't have magnus. So why this card is become bad. Annual fees will get waived at 2 lacs which is easy for me
It's only bad for people who bled them dry. For all others it is still a decent card.

AJ331

TF Select
hope its still 5% for insurance payments till April 30th? I have 1 payment to make before May 1st week

if its only 1% now I might just pay using Other SBI card where it is giving 300 flat cashback. Need to do it before 12 midnight

Paritosh

TF Select
What's the limit for buying Amazon GVs from Amazon and Gfytr in a day/month? I hope GVs from Amazon will still give the CB or else I am going to close this card near to the yearly fee payment.
Amazon gv option is removed from Yono