• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation SBI Cashback credit card major devaluation wef 1st may 2023 | No more 10k cashback

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Greetings everyone,

SBI Card has recently announced significant alterations to its cashback credit card benefits effective from 1st may, 2023
The changes are as follows:

1. There will be no cashback available for the subsequent categories:
1. Jewelry
2. School and Educational Fees
3. Utilities
4. Insurance
5. Railway
6. Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops (Gift Cards, PPI etc)
7. Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash.

2. The maximum cashback for both online and offline expenditures will be limited to Rs. 5000 per statement cycle.

3. There will be no free access to domestic airport lounges.

IMG-20230331-WA0024.jpg

In my view, these changes imply that SBI Card intends to prompt cashback cardholders to cancel their cards. It seems like they have effectively rendered the card useless. There is no incentive to hold onto this piece of plastic while paying an annual fee of Rs. 1000.

PDF Link (official) -
https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/tnc/tnc-Cashback-Card-Revision.pdf
sir i want to know if i want to purchase amazon pay gift card which can be added in amazon wallet from this cashback credit card then how much cashback i will get

helloworld

TF Legend
Yes 5% and 1% good
I too spend some hospital bills but got 0%
key is mcc matters much
this mcc is troubling too much.

websites providing multiple mcc's (maybe because of some extra commission), no regulation and cards strictly following this, not sure whom to blame but ultimately its a headache for user.

last month we went to a restaurant in a mall, 2 days later bank charged me surcharge fee saying its fuel mcc. even tried to convince them with bill, they still saying they'll trust mcc rather bill.

Now, I really don't know whether I'm eating at restaurant or fuel station. There should be some standard when providing mcc and seriously even if VISA provide valid MCC these people can take that machine everywhere.

Last edited:

coolanshu1000

TF Premier

websites providing multiple mcc's (maybe because of some extra commission), no regulation and cards strictly following this, not sure whom to blame but ultimately its a headache for user.

last month we went to a restaurant in a mall, 2 days later bank charged me surcharge fee saying its fuel mcc. even tried to convince them with bill, they still saying they'll trust mcc rather bill.

Who will keep fuel station inside mall that too in 3rd floor 🤦🏽‍♂️

Now, I really don't know whether I'm eating at restaurant or fuel station. There should be some standard when providing mcc and seriously even if VISA provide valid MCC these people can take that machine everywhere.
That is only possible when the owner of restaurant and the fuel station is same and he has accidentally swapped the POS machines of both.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Who will keep fuel station inside mall that too in 3rd floor 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yes it really a pain
Hope that restaurant guy running shell petrol station where they have connected cafeteria so he bought same machine to mall
As a end user the dining ppl have to pay surcharges from their pockets

SSMV

TF Select
How to apply for SBI cashback card through agent by C2C as my sbi cashback card application is declining when I apply through sprint and they say due to internal policies and already hold SBI landmark and simply click card with 1.13 lakh and 52k respectively