• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation SBI Cashback credit card major devaluation wef 1st may 2023 | No more 10k cashback

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Amzn giving wrong mcc. Initially when my Eterna didn't receive reward points it reported as utility, whereas when I use millennia it reported wallet. I thought this is issue with payU gateway but normal amzn also report the same. [all purchases are related to shopping category]

This MCC really irritating.
In these situations do We need forget our cashback??

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Yeah it just checks Amazon merchant name & give cashback without any bhedbhav 😂

However for Gift vouchers I use Millenia but now have to check how much cashback I'm getting
Now it's become tough to use this card 😞 mostly we shop on Amazon if doesn't give cashback then it's a issue

For most of the travel related it's not issuing the cashback already..not sure what is usp of the card now

akshayhs

TF Ace
Its quite worrisome for people like me who don't check the cashback per transaction after Statement generation. Coz fighting with bank for each txn is more of a headache.
I didn't get any cashback for a transaction worth 500$ on Amazon.com. I wrote a mail to customer service who went on explaining what MCC is and how it is not their duty to tag MCC correctly. After escalating and going off on the 2nd level guy, they finally registered a service request. I ended up cancelling the transaction and booking the same order on World Safari since I didn't have the trust and confidence of SBI card's customer support.

But I do check for cashback credits daily because when you detect the issue and lodge a complaint as soon as the tx is settled, the better.

D

Deleted member 16965

I didn't get any cashback for a transaction worth 500$ on Amazon.com. I wrote a mail to customer service who went on explaining what MCC is and how it is not their duty to tag MCC correctly. After escalating and going off on the 2nd level guy, they finally registered a service request. I ended up cancelling the transaction and booking the same order on World Safari since I didn't have the trust and confidence of SBI card's customer support.

But I do check for cashback credits daily because when you detect the issue and lodge a complaint as soon as the tx is settled, the better.
2 weeks back I did a transaction of $250 on Amazon.com through SBI Cashback card and was given 5% cashback.

helloworld

TF Legend
actually, if any transaction missed cashback then reward rate always <5%. so, take decisions based on that, rather working scenario because if it works, we shouldn't discuss this but if not we lost value.

Ex:

20,000 - 5% = 1000
10,000 - 5% = 500
5,000 - 0% = 0

Net reward rate: 4.28%

(One single transaction affected almost 1% value)

We only know it missed only we did that transaction, unless 1% or 5% there is no option for us to choose which one working 5% or not.

Last edited:

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
On a separate note, does SBI cashback now work on DMart Ready? If yes, is 5% CB available? Earlier, the transactions never went through for DMart Ready.

helloworld

TF Legend
On a separate note, does SBI cashback now work on DMart Ready? If yes, is 5% CB available? Earlier, the transactions never went through for DMart Ready.

keyword: mcc.

not useful: the thing you purchased.

requirement: purchase 100 from that store and ask cc about mcc, if works go ahead with other items.

note: there maybe multiple gateways, mccs etc. ignore for now, these can happen.