• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation SBI Cashback credit card major devaluation wef 1st may 2023 | No more 10k cashback

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
SBI Agents while dealing with CC applications. Btw, this holds true for most banks.
images (40).jpeg
My Friend just shared his Experience with me

He Applied Cashback Card two days Back . Application Stuck.

Today he got a call from Agent.

Agent is asking him to Share Car Loan Statement, RC and Insurance and not accepting ITR🤣🤣

I know about Card to Card(C2C)
first time I heard Car to Card (C2C)

As per agent if he will share these documents , Card will get delivered in 3-4 days with limit above 2lakh
Otherwise via ITR Application May get Stuck for more than 30 days with a lower limit.

Last edited:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

Agent is asking him to Share Car Loan Statement, RC and Insurance and not accepting ITR🤣🤣

As per agent if he will share these documents , Card will get delivered in 3-4 days with limit above 2lakh
Otherwise via ITR Application May get Stuck for more than 30 days with a lower limit.
My view on SBI agents:
926148DB-0B8B-4909-843C-82DA24382AE0.jpeg

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Lol never heard of such thing
Looks like some quick target for agent today
But who assure card issuance

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Do they accept bicycle insurance papers?
Asking for a friend. 🤣

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Lol never heard of such thing
Looks like some quick target for agent today
But who assure card issuance
After he denied from giving those documents, and ask the agent to cancel the application, Agent automatically moved to next Step I.e, KYC that too without any Documents

Since Cashback Card is Popular. Agents are taking advantage of Customers to get documents which is not even required for Card Processing and then they will use such documents for their own purposes.

People who are not aware may fall in such traps.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
After he denied from giving those documents, and ask the agent to cancel the application, Agent automatically moved to next Step I.e, KYC that too without any Documents

Since Cashback Card is Popular. Agents are taking advantage of Customers to get documents which is not even required for Card Processing and then they will use such documents for their own purposes.

People who are not aware may fall in such traps.
Looks like these are Jumtara kind of agents who will make others life put on death for their target of 100 or 1000 rupees

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Because of them I haven't applied Cashback even after 5 months.

- They need fresh application because they're not able to find online application (Strange they find who applied but can't find what they applied).

- They can change card variant for KYC but can say it is like that and assure us we can change during verification call.

- Verification call, I have received 4 times and have to dictate (not confirm) entire application fields including address where KYC already happened (have to confirm PAN too).

Everything 4 times.

Actually, I didn't said 4th time and got application rejection with reason unable to verify the details :D

This is one bank I'll apply when these agents not involved (maybe never).

SBI Card in 2023 teaches so many things, how other banks provide cards with simpler and no involve agents to heavily paper work agents (need printouts).

"We're from SBI card and your card application is approved".
I'm waiting for the time when so many authorities from these agents gets taken away. They just have to do what bank says like going to house and unable to create application by themselves.

Or simply do the vkyc. These physical kyc agents should be ripped off.

SiddharthR

TF Ace
Because of them I haven't applied Cashback even after 5 months.

- They need fresh application because they're not able to find online application (Strange they find who applied but can't find what they applied).

- They can change card variant for KYC but can say it is like that and assure us we can change during verification call.

- Verification call, I have received 4 times and have to dictate (not confirm) entire application fields including address where KYC already happened (have to confirm PAN too).

Everything 4 times.

Actually, I didn't said 4th time and got application rejection with reason unable to verify the details :D

This is one bank I'll apply when these agents not involved (maybe never).

SBI Card in 2023 teaches so many things, how other banks provide cards with simpler and no involve agents to heavily paper work agents (need printouts).

"We're from SBI card and your card application is approved".
Isn't there a option to choose mode of KYC when we get the verification call?
There, the executive asks for vKYC or physical KYC..

I had chosen the vKYC option & got the card. It's a different thing that I had to wait nearly one hour to connect with the agent. 🤣

Seth

TF Premier
I applied for Cashback card and when executive called me to do kyc he said since your locality is showing empty we can't process your application with this number. Your application will get freeze. I'm sending you link to fill from another number.

Is this legit? I didn't find any option of 'Locality' while filling the application.
Same happened with my family member application.

Kyc verification agent of SBI are 100% scammers.

He asked me to give all details again , I gave him name and address but he asked for pan and I denied it.
He told me to reply from his link which I denied also.

That application is still in pending status , I booked appointment for kyc but nobody is coming.
I mailed nodal and they told me to wait until 28/3 before 10 days.

Waiting for their reply today

Seth

TF Premier
Not only SBI other Banks agents are also Same.

In case of Axis Agent did mistake in filling the Address Details.
Application declined Due to mismatch in Address.

Second time he did another mistake instead of My Card statement he uploaded another Customer Card Statement.

Finally third time Card got approved with a Premium limit of 15k

5-6 CIBIL hits for a Premium limit of 15k Due to Agent mistake.
"Premium limit" 😂🤣

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Same happened with my family member application.

Kyc verification agent of SBI are 100% scammers.

He asked me to give all details again , I gave him name and address but he asked for pan and I denied it.
He told me to reply from his link which I denied also.

That application is still in pending status , I booked appointment for kyc but nobody is coming.
I mailed nodal and they told me to wait until 28/3 before 10 days.

Waiting for their reply today
They simply rejected my application when I denied without even doing kyc.

SiddharthR

TF Ace
If they give also later they retrieve
It happened in this year sale
Ya, I know that, but nowadays they are not giving any kind of discount & promotional offers, etc. on Cashback Card. And only 5%, 1% & 0% is applicable everywhere.

Recently I had to order from my SimplyClick on Amazon as Cashback was not eligible for discount. On SimplyClick also, they didn't give any RPs

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Greetings everyone,

SBI Card has recently announced significant alterations to its cashback credit card benefits effective from 1st may, 2023
The changes are as follows:

There will be no cashback available for the subsequent categories:
1. Jewelry
2. School and Educational Fees
3. Utilities
4. Insurance
5. Railway
6. Rent
7. Fuel
8. Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops (Gift Cards, PPI etc)
9. Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash.
10. EMI

2. The maximum cashback for both online and offline expenditures will be limited to Rs. 5000 per statement cycle.

3. There will be no free access to domestic airport lounges.

IMG-20230331-WA0024.jpg

In my view, these changes imply that SBI Card intends to prompt cashback cardholders to cancel their cards. It seems like they have effectively rendered the card useless. There is no incentive to hold onto this piece of plastic while paying an annual fee of Rs. 1000.

PDF Link (official) -
https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/tnc/tnc-Cashback-Card-Revision.pdf

Last edited:

vikasbrb

TF Buzz
I applied for this card last month only. I will cancel this card after paying this month bill since it is no longer beneficial.
Also I already see the cashback amount I'm getting is lesser than 5%.