• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback card issue

polahitesh

TF Buzz
I recently contacted SBI card customer care regarding cashback issue on my SBI cashback card.
Most of my transactions (done online) were not received 5% cashback and when I asked about the same they mentioned that some of the merchants have restrictions on cashback (ex: I have done a transaction on Subway but I received a 1% cashback instead of 5%).
Any one faced this issue??

rg1235

TF Buzz
I am facing similar issue, I tried contacting support and asked for Transaction wise split of Cashback they refused and gave a auto generated message.
I was getting correct cashback before 1st of May.

paresh22

TF Ace
I recently contacted SBI card customer care regarding cashback issue on my SBI cashback card.
Most of my transactions (done online) were not received 5% cashback and when I asked about the same they mentioned that some of the merchants have restrictions on cashback (ex: I have done a transaction on Subway but I received a 1% cashback instead of 5%).
You mean your subway transaction was online order?

nrb

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
was the subway txn offline ?
offline txn it is 1% cashback.

polahitesh

TF Buzz
I am facing similar issue, I tried contacting support and asked for Transaction wise split of Cashback they refused and gave a auto generated message.
I was getting correct cashback before 1st of May.
Previously they have sent me transaction wise cashback details after a lot of mails and calls to customer care. But now they are not giving any details.

pratikjain4

TF Premier
Wow , I thought I was the only one facing this issue.. Normally in the app , we can see the estimated cashback for current billing period in "Card cashback summary earned after last statement" section within 2-3 days of the purchase. But for this month, they have not issued correct 5% cashback, and support also giving preset and useless replies... I have made >20k trx ( 5% category ) , but cashback issued is just around 250.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Wow , I thought I was the only one facing this issue.. Normally in the app , we can see the estimated cashback for current billing period in "Card cashback summary earned after last statement" section within 2-3 days of the purchase. But for this month, they have not issued correct 5% cashback, and support also giving preset and useless replies... I have made >20k trx ( 5% category ) , but cashback issued is just around 250.
No as per the group and even from my friend we are not getting cashback for any transaction done on cleartrip yatra and few food outlets ( these food outlets even don't get cashback in Bob eterna)

pratikjain4

TF Premier
No as per the group and even from my friend we are not getting cashback for any transaction done on cleartrip yatra and few food outlets ( these food outlets even don't get cashback in Bob eterna)
Yeah even my ~ 20k transaction was for makemytrip. As per TnC atleast, we are supposed to get 5% cashback for flight bookings..

have made transaction on Flipkart with SBI cash back card but didn't get 5% cash back. I have asked for MCC of transaction with customer care agent on call but they gave number 096461. Generally MCC will have 4 digit only na? But customer care agent is claiming that this one is MCC. Email support team straightaway denied to give MCC and simply saying customer/transaction is not eligible for cash back.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
have made transaction on Flipkart with SBI cash back card but didn't get 5% cash back. I have asked for MCC of transaction with customer care agent on call but they gave number 096461. Generally MCC will have 4 digit only na? But customer care agent is claiming that this one is MCC. Email support team straightaway denied to give MCC and simply saying customer/transaction is not eligible for cash back.
Customer care agent may be shared with you Txn Authorization Code not MCC.

MCC has 04 digits only.

knight

TF Ace
Not worth it.
Since MCC is not eligible for 5% CashBack.
In Tncs it is Clearly mentioned CashBack will be credited on the basis of MCC only.
But his txn is on flipkart. If it's a shopping txn, i don't see why the MCC would be in excluded categories.
It's worth escalating. Else SBI will just given CB at it's own discretion and customers would never know if they're going to get it or not.

there is a slight chance of Flipart using a different MCC but in that case SBI should atleast share the MCC.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
But his txn is on flipkart. If it's a shopping txn, i don't see why the MCC would be in excluded categories.
It's worth escalating. Else SBI will just given CB at it's own discretion and customers would never know if they're going to get it or not.

there is a slight chance of Flipart using a different MCC but in that case SBI should atleast share the MCC.
It is a shopping txn for you but

SBI only consider MCC tagged with that txn for classifying it as a Shopping txn, not merchant name.

So even if you escalate SBI would deny for 5% CashBack stating txn ineligible.
Since MCC is not eligible otherwise SBI would automatically credited 5% CashBack.

Many members did txn at Yatra or Cleartrip or easemytrip but MCC tagged is of Railway which is excluded hence no one recived 5% even when Txn was for flight booking.

It is Merchant/Gateway fault which is using Wrong MCC not SBI. SBI is following its tncs only

Agar SBI ko apni man marzi karni hoti toh 5% kisi bhi txn pe kyu dega SBI, Sabhi txns ko ineligible classify kardega na but we are still Receiving 5% CashBack on eligible MCC

Last edited:

PaneerButterMasala

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did a 32K transaction on EaseMyTrip this Friday (Flight Booking). I received 0% CB.

Did two other transactions on the same day:
MakeMyTrip via Amazon Flights - 5% CB Received
Agoda Flights - 5% CB Received.

I have opened up a ticket for EaseMyTrip Issue and waiting for a revert. Ideally, I should be receiving Cashback for the same.

It is a shopping txn for you but

SBI only consider MCC tagged with that txn for classifying it as a Shopping txn, not merchant name.

So even if you escalate SBI would deny for 5% CashBack stating txn ineligible.
Since MCC is not eligible otherwise SBI would automatically credited 5% CashBack.

Many members did txn at Yatra or Cleartrip or easemytrip but MCC tagged is of Railway which is excluded hence no one recived 5% even when Txn was for flight booking.

It is Merchant/Gateway fault which is using Wrong MCC not SBI. SBI is following its tncs only

Agar SBI ko apni man marzi karni hoti toh 5% kisi bhi txn pe kyu dega SBI, Sabhi txns ko ineligible classify kardega na but we are still Receiving 5% CashBack on eligible MCC
But there are few errors from SBI Card side. Actual transaction was done on 7th May but after settlement transaction date is changed to 10th May. And first they have told that person is not eligible for cash back, now they are telling that transaction is not eligible for cash back. And they are not ready to share MCC via email.