• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback card issue

polahitesh

TF Buzz
I recently contacted SBI card customer care regarding cashback issue on my SBI cashback card.
Most of my transactions (done online) were not received 5% cashback and when I asked about the same they mentioned that some of the merchants have restrictions on cashback (ex: I have done a transaction on Subway but I received a 1% cashback instead of 5%).
Any one faced this issue??

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
But there are few errors from SBI Card side. Actual transaction was done on 7th May but after settlement transaction date is changed to 10th May. And first they have told that person is not eligible for cash back, now they are telling that transaction is not eligible for cash back. And they are not ready to share MCC via email.
For getting MCC from SBI there is a different Process.
@bugmenot would Explain it better.

But there are few errors from SBI Card side. Actual transaction was done on 7th May but after settlement transaction date is changed to 10th May. And first they have told that person is not eligible for cash back, now they are telling that transaction is not eligible for cash back. And they are not ready to share MCC via email.
As per SBI credit card, transaction should be settled within 4 days. If they didn't get any confirmation from merchant side even after 4 days then transaction should be reversed. But I think after 4 days, my transaction was disappeared once for a day from SBI app and later transaction appeared again with different transaction date (10th May)

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
As per SBI credit card, transaction should be settled within 4 days. If they didn't get any confirmation from merchant side even after 4 days then transaction should be reversed. But I think after 4 days, my transaction was disappeared once for a day from SBI app and later transaction appeared again with different transaction date (10th May)
Settlement may take time but it does not mean you will get your money back if settlement is delayed.

In your Case 10th May , may be, is settlement date

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I will keep it simple, stop using this card 😂 transactions disappearing or reappearing doesn't qualify the transaction for CB. Vishesh already told you, it depends on the MCC and not where you did the transaction. If you do a quick search on this forum or even on Google many have reported the same, so it's not an issue specific to you. If you are able to get hold of the MCC, then compare it against the exclusion list and then challenge them. Probably Flipkart's fault for not reporting the proper MCC, but you can't do much in this case.

bugmenot

TF Ace

How to identify MCC for SBI Card transaction?

For getting MCC from SBI there is a different Process.
@bugmenot would Explain it better.

Settlement may take time but it does not mean you will get your money back if settlement is delayed.

In your Case 10th May , may be, is settlement date

How to identify MCC for SBI Card transaction?

Thank you very much

PaneerButterMasala

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did a 32K transaction on EaseMyTrip this Friday (Flight Booking). I received 0% CB.

Did two other transactions on the same day:
MakeMyTrip via Amazon Flights - 5% CB Received
Agoda Flights - 5% CB Received.

I have opened up a ticket for EaseMyTrip Issue and waiting for a revert. Ideally, I should be receiving Cashback for the same.
Update on this:
SBI Says you'll receive Cashback 2 days after generation. The transaction falls under 5% Category. Please do complain us in case you don't receive it.

knight

TF Ace
Update on this:
SBI Says you'll receive Cashback 2 days after generation. The transaction falls under 5% Category. Please do complain us in case you don't receive it.
That's what I'm talking about. Kudos to you!
There will always be errors in the system, it's upto us to challenge it and get it updated for major txns atleast.

no_name

TF Buzz
Update on this:
Can you please help me with how to raise the complaint?
My easemytrip and Flipkart flight (2 diff transactions) were void of cashback. I need to raise complaints against those.

Can you please help me with how to raise the complaint?
My easemytrip and Flipkart flight (2 diff transactions) were void of cashback. I need to raise complaints against those.
Email Customer care team is useless. They will not listen. Always copy paste answers. It's better directly complain to grievance team.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Update on this:
Bit confusing, did you raise ticket to SBI or easemytrip, sbi will follow mcc simply? Could guide all of use to avoid such issues?

I will keep it simple, stop using this card 😂 transactions disappearing or reappearing doesn't qualify the transaction for CB. Vishesh already told you, it depends on the MCC and not where you did the transaction. If you do a quick search on this forum or even on Google many have reported the same, so it's not an issue specific to you. If you are able to get hold of the MCC, then compare it against the exclusion list and then challenge them. Probably Flipkart's fault for not reporting the proper MCC, but you can't do much in this case.
I am thinking the same. But customer care people are giving wrong information. They have declined my request and reason given is 'customer is not eligible for cash back'. Again I have reminded that 5% cash back offer on cash back card is not customer specific, it's transaction based offer. After that they are telling that 'transaction is not eligible for cash back'. Again I asked for the reason and requested to share the MCC of transaction but they denied.

Understood. If MCC is in exclusion list then it will be difficult. Tried to get MCC of transaction but back end team denied on email. Front line customer care executive doesn't have much idea about this, they are just reading the lines given in email. Is there any other way to get MCC?