• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should one apply for SBI Cashback card if they have Axis Ace?

steiner03

TF Select
I have Axis Ace card. I do most of my spends on this card. Even occasional (not very often) gift vouchers too. And most of my spends are online.
I also have Flipkart Axis and Apay cards. Both LTF.
So I am seeking your advice regarding would it be fruitful to take SBI Cashback card?

My Calculation-
If I consider taking SBI Cashback card, my benefit would be 3% . (Coz I was getting 2% in Ace)
Considering 3%, if I make more than 33k worth of transactions, i would be benefitted.

Last edited:

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
I have Axis Ace card. I do most of my spends on this card. Even occasional (not very often) gift vouchers too. And most of my spends are online.
So I am seeking your advice regarding would it be fruitful to take SBI Cashback card?

My Calculation-
If I consider taking SBI Cashback card, my benefit would be 3% . (Coz I was getting 2% in Ace)
Considering 3%, if I make more than 33k worth of transactions, i would be benefitted.
Your answer is hidden in your calculation.
Just find it.

Last edited:

steiner03

TF Select
If you think the CB card is beneficial to you, go for it, After one year, you can downgrade that card if you don't like it.
I already have a SBI BPCL card for bank offers. So downgrading isn't an option.
If I choose to close SBI Cashback card (incase I apply), can i reapply in future?
Also can we get cashback in purchasing gift vouchers to from Amazon, Paytm, Magicpin etc...?

If I choose to close SBI Cashback card (incase I apply), can i reapply in future?
Haven't seen any info specifying exclusion for this scenario, I believe it might be case-to-case basis

Also can we get cashback in purchasing gift vouchers to from Amazon, Paytm, Magicpin etc...?
Yes. Paytm is hit and miss, sometimes you'll get and sometimes you don't, it depends on the MCC code of the transaction which you cannot find out without the completion and settlement of the transaction. Some users say that specific merchant names gives 5% CB but Paytm keeps updating these names and MCCs in the backend