• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia or SBI Cashback for an iPad Purchase

jiffyspace

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Very new to this so apologies if this is a noob question.

I was planning to buy an iPad (30K on Amazon) but was wondering if I should buy it with my Regalia Card that gives me a meager 800 RP (which at best is Rs 400 🥲) OR buy it with the no nonsense SBI Cashback card that gives me 5% (₹1,500) cash back. I am sure I won't be able to reach the milestone benefit of Regalia.

(Continuing to keep the Regalia because it's LTF and been holding it since 2016. However the credit limit remains around 2.25L)

Very new to this so apologies if this is a noob question.

I was planning to buy an iPad (30K on Amazon) but was wondering if I should buy it with my Regalia Card that gives me a meager 800 RP (which at best is Rs 400 🥲) OR buy it with the no nonsense SBI Cashback card that gives me 5% (₹1,500) cash back. I am sure I won't be able to reach the milestone benefit of Regalia.

(Continuing to keep the Regalia because it's LTF and been holding it since 2016. However the credit limit remains around 2.25L)
Better Buy Amazon Gift cards with SBI Gift Card and then buy. You'll get amazon gift cards at minimum 2% discount. Total benefit would be around 7%.

paresh22

TF Ace
If your milestone reach is near the amount after iPad purchase then go for it. If you think you cannot achieve milestone even after purchasing iPad and any other more purchase then SBI Cashback is good.
But I will suggest SBI Cashback is good with 5% cashback.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I checked the SmartBuy portal for you assuming the 30k iPad was the 9th gen 64GB variant and through smartbuy you get a ₹3000 instant discount and 5X reward points on your spending on Apple products. Do check it out on smartbuy

Instant discount it valid on both EMI and full swipe transactions.

Attachments

• A4114E33-261A-4345-910D-186252378AFB.png
    A4114E33-261A-4345-910D-186252378AFB.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 42

bugmenot

TF Ace

jiffyspace

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I checked the SmartBuy portal for you assuming the 30k iPad was the 9th gen 64GB variant and through smartbuy you get a ₹3000 instant discount and 5X reward points on your spending on Apple products. Do check it out on smartbuy

Thank you for sharing this! I made a purchase through this. Not sure what 5x reward points mean though — ~800*5 = ~4000? Or is there a cap per day?

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you for sharing this! I made a purchase through this. Not sure what 5x reward points mean though — ~800*5 = ~4000? Or is there a cap per day?
There is a max cap of 2000 points per day for Regalia i think and a monthly cap of 4000 reward points when using Smartbuy. But the main part is the 3000 instant discount. The 5x is just a bonus. I think you can get a value of upto ₹0.50 if you redeem these for hotels & travel (not sure)

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Where do we see this?