• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Vs Regalia Gold

I have a Regalia card with 4.2 L limit. I use the card wherever AMex is not accepted. Now I got a free upgrade to Regalia Gold.

Any regalia gold users, should I stay with Regalia or upgrade worth it?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi

I have got a pre-approved offer of Regalia Gold - Visa (LTF) and Tata Neu Infinity - Rupay Variant (LTF).

Which one should I go with ? Any advice is welcome

Currently, I am using Axis Magnus and Amex Plat Travel
Please re-read the terms carefully.
Recently HDFC team is "scamming" people by writing LTF on top, and then on later pages, mention that fee waived off on spending X-Lakhs/yr.
They aren't giving Regalia GOLD LTF to existing Regalia users, doubtful that it will be LTF for new application.

Don't trust verbal offers from agents either, they make fake promises to meet their sales targets.

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Go for Tata Neu Rupay. You should have at least one Rupay card for using through UPI. And if you have Magnus then Regalia Gold is of no use
I don't understand the fetish of Rupay CC amog people.

1. Most decent shops, already hv swipe/tap machines where you can tap & pay using VIsa/MC card (Amazon/Flipkart cards already gives 1/1.5% flat cashback on every purchase, and they are easy to get as well for frequent shoppers)
2. Most small sellers, who only accept UPI use "personal bank accounts" on which you can't pay using Rupay CC
3. Limited other sellers who have merchant accounts for UPI, have disabled accepting payments using Rupay CC due to card charges.
4. This reduces the usage of Rupay CC to a very very small set of shops, which don't hv POS machine, have merchant account on UPI, and have enabled accepting CC payments.

Am I missing something??

ismail

TF Select
I don't understand the fetish of Rupay CC amog people.

1. Most decent shops, already hv swipe/tap machines where you can tap & pay using VIsa/MC card (Amazon/Flipkart cards already gives 1/1.5% flat cashback on every purchase, and they are easy to get as well for frequent shoppers)
2. Most small sellers, who only accept UPI use "personal bank accounts" on which you can't pay using Rupay CC
3. Limited other sellers who have merchant accounts for UPI, have disabled accepting payments using Rupay CC due to card charges.
4. This reduces the usage of Rupay CC to a very very small set of shops, which don't hv POS machine, have merchant account on UPI, and have enabled accepting CC payments.

Am I missing something??
yes rupay cards have limited use, but in those specific place where cash has to be used, we can get away with using just our phone and need not carry that extra card too