• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia LTF to DCB FYF?

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hello,

I need your help in deciding if I should upgrade my Regalia LTF to DCB FYF card. The credit limit on my regalia card is 6.96 lakh & I fulfil the income criteria for DCB. Upon checking with the HDFC credit card team, I was informed that they are willing to review my upgrade request to DCB, and asked me to share the consent form, for acceptance of annual charges, etc. I am holding my decision for now & that’s where I need your help.

I currently have Magnus & using it as my primary card. My annual spending would be around 7-8 lakh. End goal is Magnus card.
I understand that the reward rate is good with DCB compared to Regalia, but I’m concerned about the high annual fees on DCB. Assuming I take DCB, what are the odds of getters it converted to LTF in future?

@CardWale_Baba @787 @Wealth is my birth right! @anirban.choudhury @TechnoFino

Attachments

• 44ED52E1-BE6C-475B-82DD-C08F2ACEF88E.jpeg
    44ED52E1-BE6C-475B-82DD-C08F2ACEF88E.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 42

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I need your help in deciding if I should upgrade my Regalia LTF to DCB FYF card. The credit limit on my regalia card is 6.96 lakh & I fulfil the income criteria for DCB. Upon checking with the HDFC credit card team, I was informed that they are willing to review my upgrade request to DCB, and asked me to share the consent form, for acceptance of annual charges, etc. I am holding my decision for now & that’s where I need your help.

I currently have Magnus & using it as my primary card. My annual spending would be around 7-8 lakh. End goal is Magnus card.
I understand that the reward rate is good with DCB compared to Regalia, but I’m concerned about the high annual fees on DCB. Assuming I take DCB, what are the odds of getters it converted to LTF in future?

@CardWale_Baba @787 @Wealth is my birth right! @anirban.choudhury @TechnoFino
Fyf if u get take dcb
Next year u try spending based waiver if not comfortable to spend u can close it
With this regalia limit dcb is easy to get
Yeah magnus alone serve all purpose still fyf dcb make use of

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
sure, any idea if dcb annual fee can be negotiated? Or can be converted to LTF later?

Only way DCB can be free is the alumni offer for some elite tier institutions. Otherwise the only criteria is the spend based waiver.

To be honest I don't think u will use DCB that often once you have a magnus. I was upgraded from Regalia to DCB recently. And i got a magnus post that. I have hardly ever used my DCB post getting my magnus.

suhailmz

TF Premier
Only way DCB can be free is the alumni offer for some elite tier institutions. Otherwise the only criteria is the spend based waiver.

To be honest I don't think u will use DCB that often once you have a magnus. I was upgraded from Regalia to DCB recently. And i got a magnus post that. I have hardly ever used my DCB post getting my magnus.
Thanks for sharing. Even I don’t feel I will use DCB much. It’s just the feeling and the hope of getting closer to Infinia which is my target, thought DCB would make it easier vs Regalia.

Riteshgpt60

TF Buzz
Thanks for sharing. Even I don’t feel I will use DCB much. It’s just the feeling and the hope of getting closer to Infinia which is my target, thought DCB would make it easier vs Regalia.
It would be better keep Regalia LTF along with magnus.
you won’t need DCB much, For Infina, you need to have good relationship with hdfc bank .
Some people get infinia C2C with 10L limit with good NRV with hdfcbank.

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It would be better keep Regalia LTF along with magnus.
you won’t need DCB much, For Infina, you need to have good relationship with hdfc bank .
Some people get infinia C2C with 10L limit with good NRV with hdfcbank.
I think this makes sense, now that I think about it.
You can keep yout LTF Regalia so that it gets converted to Infinia in the future. For unlimited lounge access and all other benefits, you can rely on Magnus !

Great suggestion :)

suhailmz

TF Premier